Update on my build

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
That is an awesome offer man!!!!!

If that is a good short block and you don't wanna tear it down, I have a good bare block stitting in my shop that you are welcome to.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
so the block vader hooked me up with didnt have main caps. is it ok the use the main caps from my engine and have the machine shop line hone it? how difficult is this? is it worth it or should i find another block with caps?

Last edited:

ken6881

Reaction score
put the main caps on and check them for being round. If they are not extremely out then it should not be an issue to have them honed. Like said above call a reputable shop and ask.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
So swamps says all the injectors have plungers/barrel coating wear. They say it has to be from gas in fuel or low fuel pressure.. And now i have to pay to fix Them.. Idk guys im ready to give up... Btw these were new swamps 250/100 injectors ($2500 2 yrs ago) sent back to swamps and upgraded to 400/200 a month ago ($1200) There was no gasoline in my fuel and i have a fuel pressure guage that read 60psi all day long.. What the hell is going on here?

Aaron S

Reaction score
I thought they only needed the injector with the broken nozzle. Why do they have all eight?

If thats thier final answer and your sure fuel and its pressure was good then it seems like its time to go to another shop. I consider Swamps the top shop, but the facts dont seem to add up.

In the past I thought theyve recomended a higher pressure than 60 psi on larger injectors?

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
If they say they're bad they're bad. Swamps isn't going to send a defective product to a customer just to have it mess up shortly after the install, that would reflect poorly on them. But by telling you that something is messed up, should tell you what kind of people they are. They're not trying to screw you out of money, just trying to help you. FWIW, i ran 72psi on my 400/400's

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Hey i agree! Im not denying if they say the injectors are worn there worn. I want to figure this out! But if pressure was good and no gas in fuel what the hell is the problem? How was there so much wear after 150 miles???? Truck ran amazing to boot!

Last edited:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Dont i know it... I thought it would be handled under warranty.. They have 150 miles on um! When i talked to dave he said send um in well get it taken care of.. Im about to lose my sh1t , my luck with this truck cant get any worse..

golfer

Reaction score
Dont i know it... I thought it would be handled under warranty.. They have 150 miles on um! When i talked to dave he said send um in well get it taken care of.. Im about to lose my sh1t , my luck with this truck cant get any worse..

All of the Tungsten coating on (all) of the plungers being eroded, galled & scored, is 100% indicative of a fuel issue..it may not be a pressure issue...as contaminants will cause that as well.

The condition of the fuel side of your injectors was, in a word...shocking. I'll be glad to post pictures of the damaged parts tomorrow. While we will cover any defect under our control under warranty, we cant warranty damage caused by water, gas, or poor filtration.

Also, a nozzle can fail if there isn't proper 'fuel' inside the 'sac' to cushion the needle when it slams shut...water, gas, etc in the fuel will actually turn to vapor and not cushion the needle...water, gas would also explain the severe & complete damage to all tungsten coated P&B assemblies.

I would suggest you have your fuel system checked thoroughly for a problem, and fuel samples taken. Drained and cleaned/purged as necessary with clean #2 diesel.

I'll be in contact with you tomorrow.

take care~

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.