Update on my build

OSCS

Reaction score
Dont i know it... I thought it would be handled under warranty.. They have 150 miles on um! When i talked to dave he said send um in well get it taken care of.. Im about to lose my sh1t , my luck with this truck cant get any worse..

Sounds like dave is going to hook you up on the injectors, I wouldnt sweat it..

Last edited:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
No it sounds like its on me.. But i understand its business

Anyway Thanks dave i wanted to get ahold to ya today but was so damn busy. Dave i have to figure out what caused this.. I have pre and post pump filters. Fresh diesel from a known good station/pump.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Anyway Thanks dave i wanted to get ahold to ya today but was so damn busy. Dave i have to figure out what caused this.. I have pre and post pump filters. Fresh diesel from a known good station/pump.

Dude. Drain your entire system and check the fuel. I've bought "known good" diesel before that is full of trash, water, algae, and who knows what other crap. To trash plungers and barrels that fast without dropping pressure it has to be fuel. Make no assumptions - check everything.

jngreen

Reaction score

I also think you should pull a sample from your fuel system, and find some place to test it for you. If you have only gone 150 miles, the contaminant should still be there. If you can prove the fuel is bad, maybe the gas station will pay the damages.

OSCS

Reaction score
I also think you should pull a sample from your fuel system, and find some place to test it for you. If you have only gone 150 miles, the contaminant should still be there. If you can prove the fuel is bad, maybe the gas station will pay the damages.

Fat chance.. But I agree about pulling a sample and seeing what the deal is

golfer

Reaction score
Fat chance.. But I agree about pulling a sample and seeing what the deal is

Actually, if you keep your fuel receipts...and HAVE a legitimate fuel contamination issue...you will be covered for damage(s) caused by the bad fuel..

we've been paid directly by fuel stations (as well as by the stations' insurance provider) many many times over the years for scenarios exactly such as this (when we've repaired and documented injector damage for customers...usually local)

Last edited:

golfer

Reaction score
MadDiesel~

since you didn't purchase these directly through us, but through one of our dealers, I'm not super familiar with the exact sequence of events here...

I infer that you recently built or had an engine built...(?)

How long did that truck sit (if at all) from the time you 'parked it', until the new engine was installed?

Was the fuel in the (OEM?) fuel tank the same fuel as when it was parked?

Was the engine ran/started on THESE injectors right off the bat? or was the engine built/running on a different set? The guys are taking some pics right now of the P&B's, and there is no doubt that there is a fuel issue...

OR there could have been a (lack of) 'cleanliness' issue with regard to whomever cleaned/assembled the engine/heads...machining debris not thoroughly cleaned from the fuel passages in the cyl head could have caused this as well...if the fuel in the tank turns out to be "ok".

For all intents & purposes, the P&B's are simply NOT a 'wear item'...they last hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of miles without contaminants being run through the system. Which is one of the reasons we are confident enough in our injectors to warranty them for 5yrs/200k...

but to blow a nozzle, AND score the eff out of almost all of the P&Bs in 150miles...is obviously not normal...and directly, unequivocally points to a fuel issue.

Again, since you didn't purchase directly through us, I may not have YOUR contact info in my system, so please contact me via email if you would like to work directly with us to resolve your issue, as opposed to working through one of our dealers.

email me at

[email protected]

thanks~

Dave

OSCS

Reaction score
Actually, if you keep your fuel receipts...and HAVE a legitimate fuel contamination issue...you will be covered for damage(s) caused by the bad fuel..

we've been paid directly by fuel stations (as well as by the stations' insurance provider) many many times over the years for scenarios exactly such as this (when we've repaired and documented injector damage for customers...usually local)

I would have never guessed.. Down here in houston you can't squeeze a dime out of these hodgys that run the gas stations much less the cost of an engine. That's great news for you guys and good to know.

golfer

Reaction score
Hopefully these images will show the damage clearly enough...

they are all damaged, some more than others, I just didn't take the time to orient each of them to show all the wear.

While I've seen worse...the waste veggie/homebrew guys have their own 'display' shelf here... LOL..this is far outside out of anything considered ordinary for 150k miles, much less after only 150 miles...

MadDiesel, (got your email)...and I'll hit you up shortly.

Attachments

• DSC03142.jpg
    DSC03142.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC03143.jpg
    DSC03143.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 60

2000wa250

Reaction score
Wow.

I'm not sure what they look like normally, but even to my untrained eyes I can see those are FUBAR'd....

As far as fuel contamination goes, I'm assuming that this is pretty much unheard of damage wise for this little mileage....would this point to possible metal shavings in fuel? (following along your idea that the block was not completely cleaned) For those of us not trained in injectors, what does typical wear look like?

Definitely staying tuned to see what the verdict is on the fuel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.