Update on my rig

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I agree, but the piston flaws seem to attribute to cracking; which is a casting issue from Mahle. Like I said, if this one had cracked, I'd be less inclined to argue...
Thats true. I agree that this was caused by something else, most likely an injector. It just really sucks that he cant seem to get a break on this truck and I would be bummed enough to consider other options.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am guessing a hung injector, they are being sent out to be checked.

CumminGs funnimGs what ever blow me.

Thanks Dustin, that chit isn't happening. I have thought about it, but after all this time and $$ I can't do it. Those damn 6.7's are tempting.....

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Thanks Dustin, that chit isn't happening. I have thought about it, but after all this time and $$ I can't do it. Those damn 6.7's are tempting.....

How about a 6.7 as a DD and keep the 6.4 on the side for "special events"?

Dzchey21

Reaction score

its easy to walk away lol stock motor and sell the biach

Wayne

Reaction score
Wow you guys.... burn it down?:eek: I didn't see cylinder wall damage, so it's a matter of nozzles, and a couple pistons being replaced with minor head work. Time for a "simple" repair, and back at it, Boom!

Seriously, Block doesn't need torn down or machined. Rods not broken or bent. rotating assy won't need rebalancing. turbos appear OK, majority of fuel system and transmission appear OK. There are a lot of up sides to the lack of "extensive" damage considering the extent of mods on the truck. Sure, the pistons will need to be machined, balanced, coated, and cryoed, gapless rings made, and a little head work. None of that is super specialized. Yeah, each process on the pistons takes time on it's own, but I don't see this deal taking months on end to go back together. If so, it's at the wrong shop. From what we've seen so far, these guys are on top of it. Of course, going together is the hard part, but so far, so good IMO

madman1234509

Reaction score
Idk what anyone says about Ford. I'm making decent power on stock internals and have about 9k miles on it since the build, about 100,200 miles on the motor total, can't complain one bit. As far as I'm concerned the motor owes me nothing. I hope you catch a break Eric and get this thing back up and running relatively easily.

This may be a question for another thread. But would you consider changing to 100% nozzles while yours are out? I know a while back Dustin found to make more power swapping to 6 hole nozzles. I know they were supposed to all be independently tested and compared but I don't know what ever came of it.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
ed4dbe224db2d18ff2217d8e96ecddc9.jpg

madman1234509

Reaction score
It'd be interesting to see what impact it has power wise on a truck already making the power you did. I wish the results from the testing that was supposed to happen came out. Either I missed it or it became hush hush pretty quick.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Isn't it "200hp" 8 hole. I thought that's how Elite measured them. But wasn't it found they don't quite flow 100% or something. Dustin did an injector tip swap a while back and actually make more with a 6 hole nozzle. I was just curious if he had any plans to change based on those results a while back. I can't recall if info from the flow testing that was supposed to be done was announced or not to verify my thoughts/question.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.