Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Since every time I post it is good news......

IMG_20141211_120247_zps8f183586.jpg
"]
IMG_20141211_120247_zps8f183586.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_20141211_120518_zps260b88db.jpg
"]
IMG_20141211_120518_zps260b88db.jpg
[/URL]

Time for a new block

The wear in the cam you can feel with your finger, a lot of material was worn off

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have not seen a 6.4 torn apart so this might not matter.
Does the cam bearings go in clocked or can they go in any way.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I know this is miniscule but side action diesel released some sweet looking high quality lifters a few weeks ago.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57052

I was just made aware of these, will be checking them out.

Thanks guys, if this round doesn't work out this truck may be gone. I can't keep going through this. Maybe I want to much and I am unrealistic, not sure but it seems I like more than what this truck can reliably deliver no matter what I throw at it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I was just made aware of these, will be checking them out.

Thanks guys, if this round doesn't work out this truck may be gone. I can't keep going through this. Maybe I want to much and I am unrealistic, not sure but it seems I like more than what this truck can reliably deliver no matter what I throw at it.

How much miles on the engine since the last time it got torn apart?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
something like that, not sure since I didn't have it for so long. The heads were gone through before the trips, cam was new. The only miles I put on it was in DPC and then 5,000 since the 88 was put on.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Keep your head up man. It just seems like horrible luck. Gotta keep moving forward though. You put your truck through a lot more than I do as far as sled pulling and what not, but I do drive it hard on the street, daily in the summer time, and have close to 9k miles on it without any major issues, making similar power, on a basically stock motor besides push rods and valve springs. And I'm not the only one doing it. There is hope, and what you want can be done. Catastrophic engine failures like what you just had don't happen every day. Especially being built to the level you are. Once it's fixed and you're back in it you'll forget all about dropping it. I put mine away 3 weeks ago and have already been debating selling it and building a turbo gasser Chevy. 450 for an entire engine that'll make over 1k on stock internals, compared to 10k+ for a built diesel. But I know as soon as I pull it out in the spring I'll forget all about those ideas

shmoozer

Reaction score
I say rag in the gas tank, claim insurance and build a 6.7. In all seriousness though I'm sorry about your lucky buddy.

-KCCO-

Stroked777

Reaction score
Dmax Eric it sucks that I'm reading this happened. Is there anything that's pointing to what happened, oil pump was producing low pressure? Or anything that could have caused all this?

NathannialD

Reaction score
Dmax Eric it sucks that I'm reading this happened. Is there anything that's pointing to what happened, oil pump was producing low pressure? Or anything that could have caused all this?

This is something no one will ever know. I have said this a million times, I hate fords bs pressure switch. I'd never build something like this and not have an accurate way to monitor oil pressure