Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The starter does not do anything, the lp pump doesn't kick on when the key is in run. The tuner doesn't know the key is in run when trying to pull codes. There is no security blinking just the wrench. Everything electrical works except the starter and lp pump.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Have you tried jumping that cable in the passenger side ( if its still there in your case ) to the battery ( with a jumper cable in your case ) with the key on to see if it will crank?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I was just talking to Wayne about this. I am going down there first thing tues morning to have them try it.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Sounds like what happened to mine a while ago. Wouldn't do anything for a month or two. Then I unplugged the pcm and poof. It started

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Guess I should have finished that sentence lol. Unplugged and plugged back in

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
The starter does not do anything, the lp pump doesn't kick on when the key is in run. The tuner doesn't know the key is in run when trying to pull codes. There is no security blinking just the wrench. Everything electrical works except the starter and lp pump.

I can't recall what you are running for a lp fuel pump, been a while since I read about the build, but how is the pump wired in? Reason I ask, on a stock truck if the lp pump is open circuit, the truck won't crank and it will act like the PCM isn't powering up. If the factory wiring is being used, could be something simple to check.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Factory fuel pump 12v+ is the signal for 2 20a relays that are parallel, sharing a 30 a fuse, then an 8 ga 12v+ cable runs direct to the aeromotive a1000 unless that has changed since '13

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Turns out there is a frayed wire going to the PCM. They are fixing it now. Probably happened when the motor was being reinstalled.

Jomax

Reaction score
At least it was a fairly fast/easy fix!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Erikclaw

Reaction score
No, not the issue. Still won't start, I told them to bypass the alarm system to see if that helps. They are thinking it is an issue.

Latest posts

Members online