valve spring options

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Ive ran a set of shimmed 910s for about 2 years on my daily driver. The truck blew a headgasket at 300k miles so I decided to rebuild the whole motor. Upon tear down I noticed valve to piston contact on 5 of the 8 pistons. All springs were shimmed to 1.750-1.760 and the valves still hit.

My question is is there a better set up for valve springs that doesn't require custom machining of the cylinder head or that cost a ton of money?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Swamps makes valvesprings. Unsure if they require a bunch of machining.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Well the comp Beehive springs are what im leaning towards but I cant seem to find much info on them in a 7.3 application

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Im just confused as to why alot of people say comp 910s are worthless yet it seems like everybody and their brother buys and sells them.

Why havnt the comp b eehives caught on like the 910s.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The kit that I got, it came with locator seats. You could use the stock locator seats that have the seals with them. I felt that there was too much slack verses the new locators. Just had to get additional seals. Chevy small block valve seals.

Is the seat pressure around 175 lbs?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Im just confused as to why alot of people say comp 910s are worthless yet it seems like everybody and their brother buys and sells them.

Why havnt the comp b eehives caught on like the 910s.

Just like every other component used someone that has no real education on the topic is making recommendations.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
If I would have known about the comp b eehives a year and a half ago maybe my cam wouldn't have ruts worn in the lobes and my lifters wouldn't have been destroyed.

Its just crazy to me apparently everyone knows they are crappy yet people are still buying them. I can show you proof of the damaged they have caused.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It's not one part number. You need the spring seats, new lockers and keepers, and the seals. David at DI is my source.

Latest posts

Members online