valve spring options

blaze42069

Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for these Beehives?

After a little research this is what I found. If they are wrong #'s someone please correct me.
This is my next mod coming up so I hope these are right!

Beehive springs. # 26120-16
Locators. #4696-16
Retainers. #795-16
Super Valve Locks #617-16

blaze42069

Reaction score
The kit that I got, it came with locator seats. You could use the stock locator seats that have the seals with them. I felt that there was too much slack verses the new locators. Just had to get additional seals. Chevy small block valve seals.

Is the seat pressure around 175 lbs?

So you used the CC locators? Got a part # for those chevy valve seals? And Dentex you used the stock seat with oem valve seals and a shim kit? So sounds like theres a couple options to install these, is that right?
This is the confusing part right here. But atleast we're getting somewhere.

Last edited:

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Yeah, I have them installed and the stock seats work. I even have had the motor apart since the initial install and everything was still looking good even after several times of being at ~4500rpm.

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
dynoproven has worked with crower to develop a set that is straight drop in NO machining required! I know im going to get ridiculed for noit having any specs on them but im sure Jason or Jonathon can supply the specs. I think a set is roughly 1200 with pushrods.

Reaction score
dynoproven has worked with crower to develop a set that is straight drop in NO machining required! I know im going to get ridiculed for noit having any specs on them but im sure Jason or Jonathon can supply the specs. I think a set is roughly 1200 with pushrods.

Thats a joke 1200 is way over priced. You can get the springs and heavy wall pushrods from swamps for $750 i think and do not require any machining. All these springs are basically beehives anyway they can say they work with who ever all they want to they are all the same.

Reaction score
They better work on it because that's bull ****. They are marking that way up! All the springs are the same

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
Jonathon says it has to do with the first 20 sets are going to be high because of the money involved in developing them from crower im not a 100% sure on any of the paper folds on that

caladash

Reaction score
So here is where I am confused...there are some that have used the 910's for a while and have had zero issues. Shimmed and not shimmed. Then there are others that have used them and have had issues. So what is the common denominator with all the ones that have had issues with 910s? Over revving, wrong shims? I just had my heads freshened up with new valves, seals and 910s. And brand new push rods from DI to go with them! Dont feel like doing it all over again!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Every truck is different. Every person drives and maintains their vehicle differently. Perhaps the assembly of the rotating mass and valve train are different. Some on the high and/or low side of the specs.

You also can't be certain that everybody is installing correctly and to the correct height.

I've been told by several people outside this forum that build motors to not use the 910s. That they are cheap and inconsistent. I don't honestly know enough to go against that sort of advice.

Maybe hotrod tractor will add his input. He built shortbus' motor and afaik, it's been in the truck and running for a long while.

Short Bus

Reaction score
yeah 1200 is high I don't disagree I was told dyno proven and dp are working to get it much lower than 1200

You can get comp cams beehive springs for 300-400 dollars from summit racing. What's so hard to get below 1200? If you are dead set on beating 1200, I will get you a set for 1149 plus tax, shipping, fuel surcharge, Friday discounted surcharge and .5 frequent flier miles for the easy price of 1488.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.