Very long crank when hot

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Over the past couple of months my truck has developed a very long crank when it's at full normal operating temp. A new IPR and o-rings didn't help. One person told me it could be my stealth hpop that they were known to do that (mine has about 70-80k miles on it). Without a scan tool is there anything I can check to narrow it down? Thanks

TyCorr

Reaction score
Over the past couple of months my truck has developed a very long crank when it's at full normal operating temp. A new IPR and o-rings didn't help. One person told me it could be my stealth hpop that they were known to do that (mine has about 70-80k miles on it). Without a scan tool is there anything I can check to narrow it down? Thanks

Well if his manufacturing is typical across product lines, id say its a good chance. I had two pumps years ago that both failed quickly and wouldnt build over 2800 psi and when the oil was up to temp the truck would die and start pissssssss poor.

Im actually running a brand new one a customer refused to use and at 1500 miles im developing long hot starts. Injectors are brand new, changed ipr today, has new icp sensor, and i even installed a new eot sensor and pigtail as "those cause all kinds of issues".

TyCorr

Reaction score
He's going to have to, or throw a different pump in it and see what takes place. Sometimes that is effective too.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Well I've been told to try pouring a cold bottle of water over the pump and see if that cures it. If so then the pump is the problem. I'm going to give it a try this week sometime and see if it tells me anything.