VGT Compound Build

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It is, and it's pretty incredible.

Drives just like before, but I can keep turning the fuel up and it just makes more power.

I have to figure out what's going on with the low pressure fuel system I installed before i can turn it up any higher.

Idk if the fuel cooler can't keep up or if the airdog is unhappy for some reason but the filters are very hot to the touch, and there's a pretty direct correlation between fuel temp and lpfp pressure loss.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Idk. I really like this 4g pump, have to investigate further.

Name one pump that nobody has problems with anyway.. They all suck it's not like there's a foolproof option

sootie

Reaction score
Could you try twin stockers? Caleb is knocking on 1k hp and they keep up for him...

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I could toss a brand new pump and assume that's the problem, but the pump worked just fine until it started getting hot out and like I said the pressure drop correlates with the temperature of the fuel.

The fuel is hot, it steams while I'm filling the tank.. I'm wondering if the tiny fuel cooler is up to the task.

The ****ty fass I had on my 6.0 wouldn't prime anymore, that's how I knew it was time so I made a fuel lab setup. That worked great for me but I know people who have had problems with fuel labs too.

6.7's are annoying because according to ford the cp4 needs 60-70 psi of fuel, where my cp3 only needs a high volume of fuel with very little pressure.

I like the 165 feeding the stock pump because of redundant filtering and I need the cp4 to last a long happy life.

If the pump simply isn't up to the task I'll feed the cp3 with a separate pump.

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
How much is a bigger cooler? Anyway to measure amps/voltage on the pump while you're running?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
With that kind of volume of fuel there is an incredible amount going back to return. Your heating the fuel in all aspects all over the place. Dual fuelers. Ect ect.

I think your on the right track by adding more cooling capacity. Max temp for diesel #2 for a proper burn characteristic is 140*F.

Ideal optimal temperature for diesel is 60*F.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My guess is it's over 140.

I let it run down to a quarter tank and while I was filling up there was what I assume to be a hot diesel vapor escaping as fuel was entering.

I'm going to start with a better fuel cooler because that's a pretty simple cost effective place to start

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
My guess is it's over 140.

I let it run down to a quarter tank and while I was filling up there was what I assume to be a hot diesel vapor escaping as fuel was entering.

I'm going to start with a better fuel cooler because that's a pretty simple cost effective place to start
What fuel cooler are you going to use?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
064d5da2dcbaa67f3a62887cdc69e9cb.jpg

Giggle every time the hood goes up

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
What fuel cooler are you going to use?

I'll let you know when I get one picked out.

I found a pretty easy spot off the back of the stock pump (return side) where I'll use a factory quick connect to a 1/2" line and run from there into the bed since it's such close proximity.

It'll look like a trans cooler lots of guys run in the bed with a fan

Notneb

Reaction score
Ugh, that engine bay makes me sick with envy... Get a new coolant tank, it's junking up your bay! Lol, any plans on painting the pipes?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Ugh, that engine bay makes me sick with envy... Get a new coolant tank, it's junking up your bay! Lol, any plans on painting the pipes?

Probably do something this winter. Right now the engine bay is all business, I'll do some beautification while the truck is stored.

Notneb

Reaction score
Probably do something this winter. Right now the engine bay is all business, I'll do some beautification while the truck is stored.

Oh yeah I didn't mean anytime soon. I figured you'd get your build figured out and perfect first, just had to ask!

Latest posts

Members online