VGT Compound Build

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If you can take a video of pulling the cp4 and share the information.
Idk if im the guy that should be giving tips but by the looks of it pull the intake, fan clutch, vacuum pump, and coolant crossover. I'm sure the engine should be at TDC.

Another thing is I'm starting from this point:
8e272f7fae0a2200e12411e98f8031a8.jpg

So individual results may vary, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I know that but how do you tell if it's TDC without pulling the cover off? Or is it even possible to tell withouth pulling the cover off?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Vacuum pump comes off, Ford had an ounce of foresight on that one lol

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Pretty straight forward as I had hoped, just fan clutch, idler, vacuum pump. The gear even comes off easy which I was elated that I didn't have to try and make a puller that would fit in that tight space.

Picked up this nifty adaptor for the air hammer
62b85f029d09cd48da352c2447556c86.jpg

Which worked out very nice since I didn't have the serpentine on to help me hold the idler in place.

Jomax

Reaction score
Pretty straight forward as I had hoped, just fan clutch, idler, vacuum pump. The gear even comes off easy which I was elated that I didn't have to try and make a puller that would fit in that tight space.

Picked up this nifty adaptor for the air hammer
62b85f029d09cd48da352c2447556c86.jpg

Which worked out very nice since I didn't have the serpentine on to help me hold the idler in place.

Where did you buy that tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Cody, give me a call. Like when we talked last fall, I really do not think you have a mechanical problem. I hate to see you keep pulling parts off if that's not the case.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Cody, give me a call. Like when we talked last fall, I really do not think you have a mechanical problem. I hate to see you keep pulling parts off if that's not the case.

We talked about trying a new tune but I never got one to try.

Between the metal shavings found on the rail pressure relief valve and the debris in the injectors I thought it would be a good idea to get both pumps looked at to make sure the debris didn't cause any damage to either of those.

If everything checks out then all is well and I just have to figure out the rail pressure situation.

ford rules

Reaction score
Where did you buy that tool?

Those are a life saver, matco has them as well in a kit with about 10 different sizes. They work wonders on hydraulic lines that have been tightened a bit to much too lol

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Running really high rail pressure for extended periods is bad, mkay.

Fleece checked my cp3 pump out and said there is definitely some accelerated wear especially for a pump with maybe 3500 miles, but fortunately not enough to where the pump is junk.

Thinking about just replacing the cp4 at this point, its been trouble free but everything else has been damaged to some extent, why play games..

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Running really high rail pressure for extended periods is bad, mkay.

Fleece checked my cp3 pump out and said there is definitely some accelerated wear especially for a pump with maybe 3500 miles, but fortunately not enough to where the pump is junk.

Thinking about just replacing the cp4 at this point, its been trouble free but everything else has been damaged to some extent, why play games..

At this point if you could get a deal on a CP4 and core in the one you have it would probably be worth it since you've completely torn everything down. Then start fresh with some new tunes and see if we can't have some fun this summer.

Black AOD

Reaction score
At this point if you could get a deal on a CP4 and core in the one you have it would probably be worth it since you've completely torn everything down. Then start fresh with some new tunes and see if we can't have some fun this summer.

Once he has more/bigger and better tunes it will be fun for only Cody as everybody else will be in his rear view....LOL

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Haha would be nice if I could get it going before UCC so we can do all that fun stuff again.

Just tacked a cp4 on my exergy bill so we're getting closer.

Latest posts

Members online