Vision diesel shop truck

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yes it is a DieselSite pump. We will post the results of the data log tomorrow after we get a couple of rounds in on the track. So far we have only launched it up to about 40mph, nothing faster.
No driving around info quite yet, we literally just drove it yesterday for the first time and are putting it on a trailer today to head to Medford.

Couple videos launching it last night, its definitely more difficult than the VGT to light from a stand still haha, obviously.

th_20150625_190442_zpsylc6ici9.jpg

th_20150625_185932_zpskpna8scb.jpg

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well we took it down to Medford and the CTS data logging the outdoor temperature, it was 108*. On the track temps were probably well above 125*.

Nothing would light or run correctly. Transmission ended up puking the front seal out, so we will get that fixed and hit the track again. Probably are going to raise the stall of the converter a little bit as well to help light these aftermarket chargers.

The 371 will probably be short lived on the truck if someone is looking for an awesome street charger. We are going to do some testing with the borg warner 369 that was just released.

Turbo is tons of fun out on the street and really runs with these 225s very nicely!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I was hoping to hear a little more about the 371... I looked into it a lot and it seems to really ride the surge line. They seem to work great on the dmax platform with minimal surging, but with our smaller motors and lower volumetric efficiency it would really be pushing that surge line.

I wonder how many guys will still run the 371 now that borg warner is releasing the 369

swinky

Reaction score
I don't see the point in trying all this stuff with a 300 charger. I seriously looked into a 369 but I'll just be going straight to a 467.

Derek who's tuning are you running? It looked like the 371 was a little hard to spool. I've heard multiple times a 371 spools identical to a 366 and I can get mine spooled smoke free in no time. Maybe a revision would help a little.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I don't see the point in trying all this stuff with a 300 charger. I seriously looked into a 369 but I'll just be going straight to a 467.

Derek who's tuning are you running? It looked like the 371 was a little hard to spool. I've heard multiple times a 371 spools identical to a 366 and I can get mine spooled smoke free in no time. Maybe a revision would help a little.

Have you seen the comp maps... the 369 is pretty impressive. "On Paper" it will outflow the s467 by a good amount.

JDub

Reaction score
I think the 369 is going to make our 71 obsolete to be honest... broader map and a lower price. The 69's we got in friday lasted in-stock just long enough to get shipping labels on the boxes

The 71mm will surge in some applications, tuning needs to be right on in a 6.0 and especially for the 6.4. But with the right tune and converter they seem to run pretty damn strong in a 6.0. 11.80 on fuel in a crew cab and a couple have gone 700+ on the dyno

swinky

Reaction score
Frankies truck is awesome. It's been what like 11.18 on the juice?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We are definitely going to be making tuning adjustments. The converter is headed to Suncoast for some improvements and to check a couple items.

I am not overly worried about spooling it, should be just fine once we make some adjustments. We probably wont get a 369 until August so we will have all of July to play around with it.

Latest posts

Members online