Water Meth or Nitrous?

Racerorr

Reaction score
I am wanting to get some opinions on what to put on my truck. I had water meth on my old fummins and really was let down with the performance change, but is nitrous safe for my daily driver? I have never used nitrous or really been around it personally. Seems like a lot of the local guys are using it. I also have read a lot about the CO2 kits too. My truck is a pretty mch stock 2005 6.0. I have a set of 190/50, powermax, studs, egr delete etc, 6.4 banjo bolts and a few other bolt ons.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Nitrous can only be used at WOT...not gonna work for your daily commute...only for racing. I love my water injection. Been running it for 7 years

DHFF

Reaction score
Nitrous can only be used at WOT...not gonna work for your daily commute...only for racing. I love my water injection. Been running it for 7 years

What water injection kit are you running? In your eyes what are the real world positives? I am only asking because I am interested as well.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score

you can use it at times other than WOT and helps with MPG alot....but.... its not economically practical.

Nitrous for the strip

water/meth for the street

strokin6L

Reaction score
you can use it at times other than WOT and helps with MPG alot....but.... its not economically practical.

Nitrous for the strip

water/meth for the street

Yeah you're right Matt...I was just looking at the most logical way nitrous is used. I haven't come across anyone or know anyone who uses nitrous that way on the street....it'd cost a fortune for sure.

Racerorr

Reaction score
Not planning to use it unless on track or dyno. I had the cool mist water meth hooked up with pressure switches at 10 lbs and 40 pounds of boost. I just couldn't tell a difference in power. My egts ran 200 degrees cooler.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Seems like the 200-300* lower egts are worth the 400-600$ for the kits...

Are ANY HP gains notable?

Racerorr

Reaction score
I liked the water meth for towing, but other than that i saw it as pointless. I don't need a power adder on the street though. No street racing for me.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I definitely noticed power increase with mine. Here's a little vid of mine in action. Notice the boost rise when it starts injecting. Pyro is the top gauge and boost in below it. Starts injecting around 15psi. When it started injecting at 15 psi I kept the throttle at the same spot without giving it more
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAngUQUGWE0

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
In that vid boost went from 15psi to 30psi without giving it any more throttle and egts went from 1100 to 890. I love using it.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
i have never thought about this stuff, but im guessing that egts might get a little out of hand with 205s and mtw stage 3, so i plan on getting into water/meth in the spring. can someone give me a little more info? i mean, i read the descriptions on the snow performance website, but would like to know a little more. how often does that reservoir need to be filled and what does it get filled with? and also at that point, would i have have to do other things to my truck like dual hpop? or are the power gains just kinda to help sell it? what i would be looking for is a drop in egt's. can anyone tell me a little more info on this?

oconnors17

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 snow kit have never been able to get it tuned or working right and snow is not a lot of help there vendors don't know any thing about how to use them our get them tuned in

strokin6L

Reaction score
I use winter blend windshield washer fluid...it has more meth than the summer blend. Setup takes some experimenting to find the right combination of nozzles and injection points. Other than that...its pretty straight forward and easy. Mine works great and does what its suppose to....increase in power and lowers egts.

Latest posts

Members online