Water Meth or Nitrous?

bootcamp

Reaction score
:naughty:Alrighty then, something else for me to put on the wish list!!!! Just when I thought the list was gettin smaller, now I need a methanol kit.

Blowby

Reaction score
Methanol is a fuel and it's not a good idea to spray a large % in the intake. Start of ignition will be before start of injection just an FYI. Not the best method to gain power.

I do spray water and it works just fine for cooling and it drops 400 degs during a dyno run or a 1/4 mile pass. The light Blue is the EGT data path on the dyno at high RPM.

Without water:
cooling.jpg

With water:
cooling-2.jpg

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Been running water injection with washer fluid for 7 years...no issues yet and not worried about there being any. The methanol mixture in the winter washer fluid is like a 70/30 or 65/35 mixture I believe....with methanol being either 30-35%. They say don't mix it more than a 50/50 mix. Snow says a mixture of 49/51 works great with 49% being methanol and the 51% being water. But I don't like making my own mix. So that's why I just use winter blend washer fluid...its safe and easy to get and easy to use and makes easy power.

Last edited:

Blowby

Reaction score
I used the same washer fluid from Walmart -20. It's about 38% and will alter the timing. Just info for the OP and I'm glad it's working for you. I have pictures of the top of a piston to show the effects even using washer fluid. Have fun.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I mix radiator anti-rust water pump lubricant in with the washer fluid so no rust will form. I know many who have ran washer fluid and have taken their motor apart with no signs of anything to the pistons or any part of the motor. How do you know the washer fluid caused that to the pistons? And don't worry I will have fun...been having fun with it since its been on the truck 7 years.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
No additional tuning is needed with the SCT. Its just gonna take some time finding the right combination of nozzles and injection points for your truck. You might not use the same size nozzles as me...start small and work your way up. Took me a while to get mine set and dialed in.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Is it worth buying a new intake elbow or No limit cac just to install the nozzles?

I was debating on just drilling and tapping my factory 03 intake elbow and running a cooling mist stage 2 setup.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
I'm dead set on doing this. I find it interesting though how some people claim it did absolutely nothing.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Anyone running both nitrous & meth? Do dedicated sled trucks spray while running? I know a lot have a water to air system or meth

strokin6L

Reaction score
Nitrous is illegal in sled pulling. However water injection is legal, but you can only run straight water...no windshield washer fluid.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Is it worth buying a new intake elbow or No limit cac just to install the nozzles?

I was debating on just drilling and tapping my factory 03 intake elbow and running a cooling mist stage 2 setup.

You can just drill and tap the stock elbow. That's what I did at first

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Not planning to use it unless on track or dyno. I had the cool mist water meth hooked up with pressure switches at 10 lbs and 40 pounds of boost. I just couldn't tell a difference in power. My egts ran 200 degrees cooler.

I liked the water meth for towing, but other than that i saw it as pointless. I don't need a power adder on the street though. No street racing for me.

I feel the exact same. I also had a Cooling Mist (Stage 1) on my last truck. I noticed a difference, but it wasn't the light switch effect that so many others made me expect it to be. I realize that there are different setups and all of that, but I was running Boost Juice (which is supposed to be damn close to a 50/50 mix).

I will be using Nitrous from now on.

Racerorr

Reaction score
For towing its great. It could be I didn't have the right set up. I'm trying to dig some old dyno sheets out to see what actual horsepower change it made. I know it added some.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.