Water/Meth setup's!!

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
Questions for people that have water/meth kits, from experience what are the pros/cons of your setup, do you wish you would have spent more or less on different setup than the one you have? Post pictures of your setup. Really looking into a water/meth kit and want to know the best product for the price.

Thanks

thuglike

Reaction score
I bought a cooling mist and would never try another brand. It is, IMO the best on the market.

I toyed with my system til I got the egt's to stop dead in their tracks at 1600* at wot.

I have my 1st stage to come on at 15lbs and the second to come on at 30lbs of boost.
My first stage has a larger nozzle for the DD'ing and towing I do. I've seen, with just 1 stage being used on the street a drop of 300*. MPG or power..I have no idea. I use it to lower egt's...don't care about the rest of it. I run a 30% meth/water ratio.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
COTA has a system on his truck, he runs 100% water. I have watched his stop the EGT gauge under 1500, comes on and the gauge literally stops moving.

But he has quite a bit less fuel than ThugLike

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
For a daily driver, and truck that pulls up to 15k sometimes. Would you recommend one or two stages? I plan on just running a 38r with 1.15 exhaust housing, and 250/200's. Want to be able to keep it cool while towing and on the track.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
For a daily driver, and truck that pulls up to 15k sometimes. Would you recommend one or two stages? I plan on just running a 38r with 1.15 exhaust housing, and 250/200's. Want to be able to keep it cool while towing and on the track.

You can keep those injectors cool with that turbo without the mist. So i would think 1 stage would be plenty. 2 stages is probably just better.

Going from 100% nozzles you will love the difference of 200%, cooler EGTs

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Cooling mist by far... Tested pumps for them years ago, great kits, better parts and controlers.

I can pull up any pass from here to colorado and with the water on not go over 1250*...

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got a Snow system. According to the dyno jet, i got 70hp. Simple system, cheap fuel. I would recommend distilled water and a bottle of HEET if you want methanol also

MorganY

Reaction score
Snow Performance Stage 3 MPG MAX is what im running, I love it. Cools my 190/100% PMAX, injector/turbo combo on my 6.0, by about 200 degrees wide open throttle. it gave me 50hp and 75ft/lbs on the dyno. (have sheets to prove it) on a 49%meth 51% water mixture. I use the MPG mode for long trips only, and don't city drive with it. The reason being you have to run the truck IMO for about 10-15 minutes without meth to get it out of your intake before you shut it off, or hydrolocking occurs. On some trips I have picked up three mpg going 65mph on a 400 mile trip

Last edited:

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
I have a question about the boost controller? A lot of the stage 1 kits say from 1 to 25psi. That doesn't mean you can only make a max of 25psi, but how high you can set the controller too? With a 38r I will probably me making about 37 to 40psi, would probably want it to come on around 20 psi correct?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have a question about the boost controller? A lot of the stage 1 kits say from 1 to 25psi. That doesn't mean you can only make a max of 25psi, but how high you can set the controller too? With a 38r I will probably me making about 37 to 40psi, would probably want it to come on around 20 psi correct?

I would say 20 would be a good number, You just want a number you wont ever hit daily driving, and wont hit while towing unless your accelerating hard, passing someone, or racing.

Depending how quickly that turbo spools you might drop it to 15*, but 20 seems pretty reasonable

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
what size nozzles are yall using? i am thinking about building a setup w/ a hydraulic pump(1600psi) but wouldn know where to start on nozzle size. i am running 1800* now but dont really want them below 15-1600. are they rated in gpm i guess.

samoht517

Reaction score
i have a cooling mist tank and pump and snows 625ml nozzle. The nozzles that came with my cooling mist kit were complete junk. Might as well just put a garden hose on. Snows actually atomize. I have one stage at 15lbs and it took a full second of my old truck when it was stock. On the current truck is will bog if your not really on it but when you are it awesome. Cant say if it helps egts since I only have a boost gauge actually hooked up. Added 2 psi at WOT though

CSIPSD

Reaction score
i have a cooling mist tank and pump and snows 625ml nozzle. The nozzles that came with my cooling mist kit were complete junk. Might as well just put a garden hose on. Snows actually atomize. I have one stage at 15lbs and it took a full second of my old truck when it was stock. On the current truck is will bog if your not really on it but when you are it awesome. Cant say if it helps egts since I only have a boost gauge actually hooked up. Added 2 psi at WOT though

Did you buy the kit new or used? I know for fact that the Cooling Mist nozzles atomize the water better then the snows stuff...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I bought it from a friend that used it on his truck once and didnt like it.

If I had to guess it was a bad nozzle or dirt/debris were in it. I used to have a video of the two side by side that was scary... Looking for it now.

samoht517

Reaction score
I wouldnt doubt it was bad and if you can find a video to prove it, im all for trying a different nozzle. Personally there tank/pump combo setup puts snows to shame. Also check out devils own. They make a good kit with less cost

samoht517

Reaction score
Is this the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1O_aTSBS0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

This compares our new CM7 injector to our Competitors. Ours is on the right, competitors on the left. You may need to watch a few times to really understand what is going on. In reality both injectors atomize well. The difference is where they atomize and the spray angle. If you notice our CM7 atomizes closer to the injector and also is cloud like througout the entire spray pattern. the one on the right atomizes however the atomization is toward the top. The result? Our injector will be more efficient and allow you to do more with less fluid. Watch the video atleast 2 or 3 times.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.