Weak HPOP?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Have a friend that is dropping ICP at WOT pretty bad.. It's an 05 truck with a stock HPOP and I don't believe it's ever been replaced, not sure on mileage over 100k I'm sure.

It has 230/100's which I know on full fuel won't hold ICP, but it's only seeing 2.8v on the big tune and 3.0v on reduced fuel.. That seems too low to me, am I wrong?

My truck with 205/100's and a stock 05 hpop never had ICP issues, even on big tunes it would hold 4.5v

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Update.

Hpop is only 2 years old.. Oil hungry injectors? 3.0v seems way too low for 230's, reduced fuel tune, and healthy hpop.

sootie

Reaction score
Thats waaaay low. whos injectors? either pretty decent hpo leak or a bad pump, has he checked the filter for brass?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Those pumps tend to not die like the early ones. Does it run bad under wot? Maybe try unplugging the icp and see if it runs better. I had an icp start to go, only symptoms were on yhe drag strip it seemed to run hi icp, finally it quit working and it wa easy to diag.

swinky

Reaction score
It runs pretty good, I just know it could run better if it could hold ICP.
Remember the reading you see on ipr is only the commanded position. Has it gotten an oil cooler recently? Could be a faulty ipr not fully closing.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
If the icp sensor is reading 2.8 it should command ipr to fully close.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online