weird issue after e fuel install

ghohouston

Reaction score
Sd hpop resovoir
Sd fuel lines from bowl to each head
Sd hard metal fuel feed and return lines that come up the side of the motor (the quick connect ones)
Sd passenger side hpop line and fittings
Sd fuel bowl
Sd fuel pump and bracket (I temporarily have mine mounted on the crossmember until I have time to frame mount it)
A foot or so of fuel rated 5/16 or 3/8 rubber fuel line (don't remember which size a.t.m.)
A relay, some wiring and connectors. A quick google search will show you how to do it. I based my wiring off what everyone else does, I just don't have an inertia switch or oil pressure switch.
You also need the fuel rail fittings from a sd, and will either have to run a regulated return, or block off the opposite two corners of the heads fuel rail fittings if you don't.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Sd hpop resovoir
Sd fuel lines from bowl to each head
Sd hard metal fuel feed and return lines that come up the side of the motor (the quick connect ones)
Sd passenger side hpop line and fittings
Sd fuel bowl
Sd fuel pump and bracket (I temporarily have mine mounted on the crossmember until I have time to frame mount it)
A foot or so of fuel rated 5/16 or 3/8 rubber fuel line (don't remember which size a.t.m.)
A relay, some wiring and connectors. A quick google search will show you how to do it. I based my wiring off what everyone else does, I just don't have an inertia switch or oil pressure switch.
You also need the fuel rail fittings from a sd, and will either have to run a regulated return, or block off the opposite two corners of the heads fuel rail fittings if you don't.

Thank you.

Tom S

Reaction score
21kkmmr.jpg

That is a notch of out of the belt. You can see how the lines on the HPOP reservoir carry down.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Looks like the belt is bad, but it's the edge of the fan blade for sure.

Tom S

Reaction score
I zoomed way in and think you are actually right on it being fan blade.

bluedge8

Reaction score
a couple of people on the internet said you have a chunk out of your fan belt, so it must be true

Some of us want to help, some just want to act like an ass. I thought it was a bad belt but I was wrong- there, is that so hard. Thanks for the sarcasm tho'

ghohouston

Reaction score
Well guys, this issue has been intermittent on this truck. I've tried at least 3 different cam sensors, all ford sensors, and none of the sensors showing evidence of cam gear walk... I'm thinking I either have an uvch loose, or got a bad batch of cam sensors/ cam sensor harness issues. I'm thinking I must have moved whatever the problematic wire is while doing my e fuel install, because truck ran perfect before it. Anyone dealt with this before? I've worked on a lot of 7.3`s but never dealt with violent bucking...

ghohouston

Reaction score
Truck does throw a po344, seems like each time it dies on me... been using a batch of ford packaged cps`s I bought on ebay, they were labeled the old black sensors, but when I got them, they of course ended up being dark blue.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Issue started on first drive after e fuel install with the same cps in it from when I got it, and is random. I'm thinking I had to have disrupted a wire that was already chaffed, or almost chaffed.

All the other cps's I tried were from ebay, came in ford packages, and we're claimed to be the old black sensors, but they're the dark blue ones.

Members online

No members online now.