Weird symptoms into a no start....on boat launch!!

a_port93

Reaction score
Ok it is a 97 f350 cclb and when I was hooking up my boat at my friends house the motor took an extra cpl cranks but fired right up.i wish that's where my story ended.i killed it/started it twice to verify it would start...it fired but both times took a little extra.
Something I noticed after this is on my monitor I lost my icp ipr and my monitor tried to reset like it was no longer with that vehicle.it showed egt still but all the others would not read/fluctuate.

Fast forward to boat launch my buddy killed my truck to hear me talk as he was putting the boat in.after this no fire just cranking. I have wts light and tach reads 2-300 while cranking.no smoke and I also checked fuse 22 and replaced it.
I've yet to check hpo reservoir for sufficient oil.my first guess points at high pressure oil system.maybe ipr from reading a few threads but I'm not sure yet.
The truck has stage 1s php tunes t500 and some other goodies.

Any help you have would be very helpful guys I have searched and found a lot of CPs threads and gpr stuff.looks like I'm not getting hay this wknd

a_port93

Reaction score
I did that yesterday at the boat launch...icp sensor is on driver side head correct?

a_port93

Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting 320ish icp tops when I crank and when I unplug the icp sensor it shows 2465 as a default I'd imagine and still no start.pulse width is 2.89 and ipr dc is 54%.it has fuel...
I unplugged the chip as well and no difference was made.it seems like the icp stays at 0 for waaaay too long during cranking.it doesn't start rising til maybe 5 seconds of cranking.
Now to check hpo reservoir level after I get the plug rounded off some more dang it!

Any other ideas anyone?

Jarrod B

Reaction score
when you unplug the icp, it defaults it to what it wants so it starts. 320psi is way too low to fire it up.

your ipr might be sticking open

a_port93

Reaction score
Which would leave me to believe that it is not changing position at all from open...?could be a darn good call????

a_port93

Reaction score
New harness going to the ipr as of 4 mos ago.the tin nut is tight thanks for the ideas guys

a_port93

Reaction score
I take that back with the key in engine not cranking I have 14% dc coming from ipr

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Try a little shot of either and see if it starts. Be careful when doing it. You might have a Hpop leak and once rpm jump up the pump puts out enough to keep up with the leak.

a_port93

Reaction score
I originally thought about a fuel or an oil leak too but the thing is dry as a bone all around the hpop/rails/heads.i know air can get in even when fluid doesn't get out...ill try a shot here in a bit

a_port93

Reaction score
Put in a new ipr started right up then I let it idle for ten minutes and shut it off.now it won't build more than 300psi while cranking
What the heck??

Latest posts

Members online