Well...another one bites the dust.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Just installed windows 7.3 on my Deathtrap truck. Mods in sig. Same ole story, just cruising along about 65, and sounded like someone turned a shredder loose under the hood. Geez that makes some racket. I honestly thought that I slung the cap off a front tire and it was beating the fender well out. :morons:

So carnage pics to follow tomorrow.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Damn, I better part my junk out before im the next one making one of these threads

Lol! Truck was completely trashed out when I got it. I'm really surprised it made it this long.

Pics of what I got so far.

0793e9c4.jpg

e37cc1de.jpg

Can barely see the hole between the manifold and frame.

Big Calo

Reaction score
When i looked into doing a 4r swap I was told the t-case would work

What I want to do is pull the E4OD BTS out of this truck and put it in a SD i have that had a ZF6 in it. Figured that may be the easiest to work around the driveshafts.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Maybe the whole driveline will swap out from the OBS to the superduty, with maybe a u-joint swap at the diffs?

Big Calo

Reaction score
Were you still running a stock charger?

Yes, I had Matt turn the power down alot to help keep it alive. It didn't have a boost fooler on it and it wouldn't make over 25# without defueling. 3100-3300 rpm was probably the most I ever seen.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
An E4OD is exactyly the same as a 4r100 without two sensors in the trans. You can put an E4OD into a superduty with a PCS, but you will need a superduty transfer case with the proper input shaft. The 6 speed transfer cases have a different spline count than the auto t case in a superduty.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Yes, I had Matt turn the power down alot to help keep it alive. It didn't have a boost fooler on it and it wouldn't make over 25# without defueling. 3100-3300 rpm was probably the most I ever seen.

Weird how yours defueled at 25psi & needed a boost fooler. I ran mine with & without a boost fooler & it still pulled just as hard & made just as much boost with or without.

JD3020

Reaction score
Weird how yours defueled at 25psi & needed a boost fooler. I ran mine with & without a boost fooler & it still pulled just as hard & made just as much boost with or without.

Same here with my truck. MAP pegs at 28.8, boost keeps climbing with no issue. Used to set a MAP code and a EBP code(EBP sensor doesn't read) at high boost, but finally quit throwing codes.

Latest posts

Members online