Well...another one bites the dust.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I've never set a MAP, oil, or EBP code. I ripped the EBP tube & sensor off my truck when I did E fuel. However I have heard of some trucks that defuel & throw codes. Every OBS I've ever personally dealt with was like a Honey Badger & just didn't give a sh!t.

Big Calo

Reaction score
An E4OD is exactyly the same as a 4r100 without two sensors in the trans. You can put an E4OD into a superduty with a PCS, but you will need a superduty transfer case with the proper input shaft. The 6 speed transfer cases have a different spline count than the auto t case in a superduty.

When I traded transmissions, I sent everything out with it, and got all the same parts back with the BTS for an E4OD. I got to thinking, and I'm going to do some measuring, and maybe I can swap in the whole driveline from the OBS into the SD. Anyone know if the u-joints are the same on the differentials of an OBS and SD?

Damn.. Another one down..

This one had it coming. I'm not sure that it would have lasted much longer stock. When I got it, the HPOP was bad and it wouldn't start cold, and the PO would just run it on either until it would idle on its own. :doh:

Big Calo

Reaction score
Weird how yours defueled at 25psi & needed a boost fooler. I ran mine with & without a boost fooler & it still pulled just as hard & made just as much boost with or without.

It's strange for sure. My brother has a 96 as well with GH tunes and can make 35# with no fooler. If I stomped on it in 1st or 2nd, it would bang off of what I thought was the rev limiter 3-4 times before it would shift. Called Matt and he said shift point was at 3500 and the limiter at 4000. It would defuel before it ever hit a WOT shift point.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I got to thinking, and I'm going to do some measuring, and maybe I can swap in the whole driveline from the OBS into the SD. Anyone know if the u-joints are the same on the differentials of an OBS and SD?

I just measured my 97 F350 vrs a 00 F250 & the 00 uses bigger U joints front & rear. You could go with a conversion U joint to jump from one to the other. Otherwise you'll need to track down driveshafts.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
It's strange for sure. My brother has a 96 as well with GH tunes and can make 35# with no fooler. If I stomped on it in 1st or 2nd, it would bang off of what I thought was the rev limiter 3-4 times before it would shift. Called Matt and he said shift point was at 3500 and the limiter at 4000. It would defuel before it ever hit a WOT shift point.

Mine dones that funky bang the gov a couple times than shift thing if you just stand on it from a stop as well. It's something to affects every OBS differently, same with the boost fooler.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Mine dones that funky bang the gov a couple times than shift thing if you just stand on it from a stop as well. It's something to affects every OBS differently, same with the boost fooler.

It would do it to if I tried to pass someone. Would downshift and the harder I was into it the more it would bang out. Funny thing is I just got a fooler to put on it, and hadn't put it on yet because I was scared I'd blow it up if it would then be able to get on the limiter.

And thanks for the measurements. Swapping the whole driveline in is probably what I'll do.

JD3020

Reaction score
I've never set a MAP, oil, or EBP code. I ripped the EBP tube & sensor off my truck when I did E fuel. However I have heard of some trucks that defuel & throw codes. Every OBS I've ever personally dealt with was like a Honey Badger & just didn't give a sh!t.

Thats weird. Mine always sets oil codes, but 70-80%+ DC is normal. :doh: But it went from setting EBP and MAP codes all the time, to now never setting them. Wanna fix the EBP and MAP though so they both read right to see if i can fix my trans shifting issues.

Mine does that also at times. Bout tired of this trans and shifting though. Almost makes me want to park the truck.

Last edited:

Big Calo

Reaction score
Mine does that also at times. Bout tired of this trans and shifting though. Almost makes me want to park the truck.

The trans pissed me off enough that when this goes in the SD I'm throwing a PCS on it. Haven't seen a downside to it yet.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Be nice if a PCS for an E4OD had the same tuning options as a 4r100. I drive mine at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle at most till the converter locks. How the stock trans has lasted this long without even a shift kit is beyond me.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Be nice if a PCS for an E4OD had the same tuning options as a 4r100. I drive mine at about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle at most till the converter locks. How the stock trans has lasted this long without even a shift kit is beyond me.

They've got the same options, you just can't trade files between the two trans. with other people. That's going to suck for me...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.