Well its been a fun ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
1. I sincerely hope that wasn't aimed at me and 2. I'm nobodies ****ing "bro".

A turbo timer? These aren't srt4's we dont need turbo timers. Just dont rag on it before its shut down.

Well, in your own words you put a chip and some stacks on a truck and apparently were just waiting on the engine to blow at that point...

Actually expecting engine failure at 300hp?

Then you tell us about how you're going to take out a loan to get your truck running good again so it can be reliable for you??? Nope, you're going to take out a loan so you can put together an aftermarket engine for the truck and give it some more hell. That's not the kind of thing an intelligent person takes out a loan to do.

Along with that last tidbit, you're going to build a high horsepower monster for $5000. Five Thousand dollars that you don't even have. Good luck with that engine program.

So as for your sentiment here:

I damn sure don't know everything, lol, but an autistic three year old could call a spade a spade based on YOUR STATEMENTS in the thread "bro".

And you make so much money that you're taking out a $5000 to put your motor together with. Not so that you can get your truck back to work so you can make money and pay the bills, but for performance parts...

Lastly, I never even commented on any of the above in the thread. The only one trying to whip his small little pecker out and wave it all around is you.

Life is going to be an uphill battle for you if you don't locate a head-from-ass emergency extraction kit pronto.

Not that I would have necessarily had the answers you needed, but if I did, I'll take your advice and keep them to myself now.

Have a nice life.

I was not talking to either of you. It was the one who said i should not be able to own a vehicle.

The fuel thats leaking is dripping off my starter. Not sure how its getting there yet tho.

And in the op i ment to say i did not want a high hp monster i get side tracked easily lol. Id like to do studs turbo and injectors if this isnt something major.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I think you guys are bashing him a bit hard. He's just looking for answers. He can do whatever he wants with the truck, it's his money. He came to this site for useful information, and that's what he should get.

If you can't figure out where the leak is coming from, try uv oil dye. It's cheap and the light for it is probably around 20 bucks. That should show you where the leak is coming from

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Fuel dripping off your starter?! Wtf????? You gotta find out why that things pissing fuel all over the place man. Keep us posted. I don't get on during weekends much but I'll try to see ur updates.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Yea im definantly thinking im not getting fuel now...but i gave it a small shot of starter fluid. Yes i kno its bad for it. But it wont even fire from that

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
Yea im definantly thinking im not getting fuel now...but i gave it a small shot of starter fluid. Yes i kno its bad for it. But it wont even fire from that

Instead of tying ridiculously stupid things to get it started, why don't you figure out WHY it's not starting

Black 02

Reaction score
Truck looked way better when you bought it...just another clapped out 7.3 with stacks and smoked lights...

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the stock look with respect to lights and things. Don't know why guys started "taco-ing" out the diesel trucks. Putting 24" wheels with low-pro tires is GAY with an emphasis on the gay.

Lots of flat billed douche bags with their parents money buying diesels and putting chips in them to "roll coal". Go back to the ricer world, azz bags!

Sorry for the derail and not meant directly at OP.

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the stock look with respect to lights and things. Don't know why guys started "taco-ing" out the diesel trucks. Putting 24" wheels with low-pro tires is GAY with an emphasis on the gay.

Lots of flat billed douche bags with their parents money buying diesels and putting chips in them to "roll coal". Go back to the ricer world, azz bags!

Sorry for the derail and not meant directly at OP.

So we're quoting me to agree or disagree? Not sure if I follow.

I agree with you..I like the stock old man look maybe a shiny part here or there...but the whole mud grips,black wheels,stacks,and smoked everything is so out played :pointlaugh:

Black 02

Reaction score
So we're quoting me to agree or disagree? Not sure if I follow.

I agree with you..I like the stock old man look maybe a shiny part here or there...but the whole mud grips,black wheels,stacks,and smoked everything is so out played :pointlaugh:

Sorry, I agree with you. I am tired and didn't set it up well.

I'm 31, but have a lot of stock appearance stuff on the truck. Just the aluminum wheels and 6" lift for exterior mods.

Pstroke96

Reaction score

if it is not even popping off with starter fluid you probably have bigger issues. i would get on doing a compression test if that is the case.

as for the fuel dripping off the starter i would look to the fuel line that feeds the back of the head, you should be able to see it from under the truck.

have you gotten it scanned yet?

TARM

Reaction score
While trying to ignore some to the delinquent attitudes of some lets try to get this thread back on track. Charles pointed out most of what I would have as well and you can trust his points on what these engines can take as he has beat on these from what he had posted more and harder than the vast majority of us.

So to put that baby to rest if you have been good with your changing of fluids and filters its very doubtful you have beat your engine to death just from running it hard. These engines were made to run @ 100% the actual stock power and last 300K. That means having a load heavy enough you could put your foot to the floor and not gain any speed and just holding it there. 99% of the time most are using but a very small fraction of the peak power a engine makes. Just because it can make the power does not mean you are using it and its actually outputting that much during that time.

Maybe I missed it but what chip /who's tunes are you running and how old are they?

To the issues.

Fuel leak

Will not start

Dead accelerator pedal

Well you had a loose chip that you messed with while powered up. Its a very good chance this is the reason for your no start issue. The PCM is likely fried. Seen it a fair number of times and many on the forums.

Unless the fuel is literally spewing and pouring onto the deck the fuel leak is not enough to prevent it from starting. But this needs to be fixed ASAP and before driving it anywhere.

Normally someone saying they see fuel down coming off the oil pan I think fuel bowl leaking into the valley and down the rear and onto the pan. Same for oil as well.

Take a look in your valley. If its full of oil sludge etc then pick up a few cans of engine cleaner or purple piss a over grown toothbrush some rags and paper towels. Get it all cleaned up. All the way back to the turbo pedestal.

With the chip out completely (just in case it may still be good) turn the key on to allow power to the fuel pump. It will run for 30 seconds. Long enough to see fuel if its a bad leak. See if the valley is getting fuel in it. If it looks good. Recycle the key again and start tracing the fuel leak. If its really dripping off the starter my guess is that it has something to do with the passenger side fuel line connection at the head which is at the rear above the starter. Again get up in there get it all clean and then remove what you need to so you can get a good view. Mirrors if needed whatever. FYI the head ports are NPT so whatever you do do not just go cranking on the connector if it looks like its leaking there. Pull the line and connector. Clean it up and replace. Now would be a great time to install a RR as that should be done even on a full stock engine. The cheapest while not the best route is the Rif Raf FRX deal.

The no go pedal is likely the Throttle Position Sensor. Get your trusty multimeter out. With key on. The connector/plug IIRC you should get .27-.5 and 4.5 when its floored.

To save the most money I would find your local Salvage yard as it should have some super duties there. You can get all the parts you need:

Passenger side fuel line and connector

PCM for your model year and trans manual or auto. Maybe someone can post up a range of PCM codes that will work for your truck.

Throttle Position Sensor or just pull the complete pedal assembly JIC.

Swap out the PCM and DONOT install your chip. Do not touch that PCM at all beyond installing it. See if your engine will start now.

Fix the fuel issue and pedal.

Have a nice day. :D

Arisley

Reaction score
:whs:

Another place the fuel leak could be. The same passenger side fuel line, where it runs towards the back of the head it passes through a small clamp under the GPR, it likes to vibrate uder there and rub a hole in the line.

Before you just assume it is the PCM, pull the chip and see if it will start. Also check the PCM relay, it will do the same thing also.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Thanks gor taking the time to type that tarm.

I replaced the acellerator pedal switch the day it died. And i still had no pedal.

I have a new guage cluster on the way. And am looking for a hole new harness.

I will scan it later today and see whats up. But i scanned it the day it died and i had no pending codes. In my historyz codes was cps, overboost, ebpv (it was unplugged)

TARM

Reaction score
So you were having CPS issues before it died. Its possible that is all the issue with starting.

If you do get a new CPS do yourself a favor and pick up the one manufactured by Delphi . Its the same as the old black ones. You can get them from Advanced Auto and then use a online coupon to save you even more money. Under $30 for it. Now you do have to actually type in the name delphi cam position sensor for it to come up as you have to order it as its not a usually stocked item. But it will get there in just a few days. Maybe NAPA will have it in stock not sure. But its an black sensor with the larger magnet like the original and without the thick plastic between the pickup.

Actually here is the link to save you time http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...56833-p?searchTerm=delphi+cam+position+sensor

Then enter "P20" as the promotion code and that will take $8 off the list original price of $35 down to $28 and shipping is free.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I jus replaced my cps a month ago. Why does it keep going bad?

yotaneck13

Reaction score
And the chip has the stock.gearhead tunes i usually run around on 4 or 5 and i got it in june. As soon as the truck.is fixed im sending it for gearhead tunes

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I ment stock ts tunes not gearhead sorry.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Hope you get your issues figured out, and thanks to TARM for actually helping him out with his issues.

I can't believe how some people react to someone asking a question and not knowing how to "fully" list every detail as to what is going on. Y'all are ridiculous. It's people like that that makes sites like this go down hill fast. ( I am not saying PSA is, but you get the point.)

Status
Not open for further replies.