Well, that explains a few things...

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I was finally getting around to completing my pressure testing and wouldn't you know it, I suddenly developed a dead cylinder. I'm like, "WTF? Is this really happening?" A quick DTC check showed #5 cylinder fault, so that gave me a good starting point.

I figured since I had the new injectors from Full Force sitting on the tool box, now would be as good a time as any to install the injectors. So, armed with lots of caffeine, I got the top end torn off and proceeded to swap out the injectors.

Here's what I found...

(click on image to enlarge)
bad_injector_5a_sm.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)
bad_injector_5b_sm.jpg

Any guesses as to why #5 was dead? LOL Of course, this means that my plans for pre-testing ICP & FRP with the stock injectors are now scuttled. :( Fortunately, these injectors are stock nozzles so there should still be some useful data we can obtain between the ICP tests and FRP tests, but I was really hoping to see what kind of valid power gains we'd see with simple modifications to the fuel and HPO systems. All we're really left with now is validation testing for the HPODS, which will still be extremely useful.

Ah well... the best laid plans of mice and men and all that stuff.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
I had that happen too.
But, believe it or not, I found the nut right beside the valve spring...just waiting for me to use a pair of fine needle nose pliers to pick it out of there.

See...I have had some good luck too...lol.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Red loctite is your friend on those guys...

I've heard of this more than a few times now.

U235a4

Reaction score
Sadly, the nut was nowhere to be found. I assume it's in the oil pan now. :( Ah well. Drive it until it breaks.

It's funny you say this a buddy of mine was working on his truck doing injectors 6 years ago and finally 6 years later his lost torx bit got suck up into the oil pump and sent metal throught LPOS. here are some pics.

Attachments

• bit (640x480).jpg
    bit (640x480).jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 104
  • gear (640x480).jpg
    gear (640x480).jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 113
  • gear1 (640x480).jpg
    gear1 (640x480).jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 112

ToMang07

Reaction score
You know what they say: If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans. :blah:

Vengeance

Reaction score
So your saying the little jaunt around the parking lot the truck was only hittin on 7?

Nice!

Latest posts

Members online