Well, this is new to me.

nickg3130

Reaction score
I've never seen this before. Actually kinda amazing if you ask me.
y9a7a6u2.jpg

Funny thing is, i was actually able to drive the truck home just no more 4wd. Anyone know if people get their transfer cases built to withstand the abuse? My stock tranny did this too my case. I can't imagine the stress a built truck would put on a stock case.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
This is odd did you hear anything when it happened? These transfer cases can take quite a bit of abuse before they have any issues. I'd be surprised if power was the problem. But weirder things have happened:shrug:

78f100

Reaction score
JB weld...
I always wondered how much they would take. Were you launching in 4hi when that happened?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Weird... Must have caught traction a bit hard with the front end. Usually you just break an axle shaft though.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Only time I've seen a T-case broken like that is from the front drive shaft being pushed into it, very very hard. It was in a lot of pieces lol.

nickg3130

Reaction score
4wd launch in the sand I assume there was a lot of hopping. I made the mistake of letting my buddy drive the truck. I think I'm gonna end up searching junk yards for a new t-case. Hopefully that works.

rray37375

Reaction score
Only three people drive my truck. Me, my wife (infrequently) and my son (rarely). Both my wife and my son know how much I value my truck, and treat it accordingly.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Thats unreal. It must take some sort of talent. Ha ha. Just kidding.

Rivets are the new duct tape.

SINNER

Reaction score
I did it in a bone stock truck before. Spinning hard on gravel and it grabbed some concrete below. Chain broke and wedged in between the gear and case. Case is the weak point.

Latest posts

Members online