Went Back to a vgt.. review of kc 1.5 turbo

slc6oh

Reaction score
well, finally towed heavy"ish" with the 1.5.. even more sold, it still gets a little toasty doing anything but cruising flat in od locked at or below 1800rpm. but that could be just cause I was on the hotter of my two tow tunes. (roughly 12-13k bumper pull) ... still completely sold on this charger. oh and mpg is up from low 9s to mid 11s pulling the same load over the same route. (just by the lie-o-meter)

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Good to hear. I will be going with a 1.5 when funds allow. Thanks for keeping us updated on your experience and putting it to the rest in real world situations.

slc6oh

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/194380965

Heres a little wot, up a very slight incline, locked up on the 3-5 shift so id expect egts to have started dropping, but traffic in mexico was bad so had to step out f it.

Tsd spd tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
for that long with the converter unlocked, i dont see it as too bad. once the converter locks and it really loads up allowing the charger to move more air, i assume it would cool down. iirc stock charger was hotter faster on a "stock head bolt safe" tune

slc6oh

Reaction score
lookin at an old video, stock turbo itd be 1550 shortly after the 1-2 shift... on a stock head bolt idp extreme street tune

Latest posts

Members online