What BOV you runnin?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I ordered the BD BOV from Elite. They called me today and told me there out of stock at BD and they didnt have a ship date as of yet. Wondering if theres another good option out there that yall are running?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I think that MPD uses JGS Wastegates. They may be the ones that you are thinking about that have used these before.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Can someone direct me towards a thread that explains the purpose of a BOV on a diesel?

pog

Reaction score
Can someone direct me towards a thread that explains the purpose of a BOV on a diesel?

not much to explain. just to prevent turbo bark at higher boost levels. id say its more of a cool factor with the sound than anything. it doesnt take much to make the 6.4 turbos bark though.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I know this is kind of a stupid question but doing a bov won't help with bark in between shifts will it? Or will the drive pressure change when it shifts allow it to open momentarily and get rid of that?

Kind

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's just a cool thing. It releases pressure backed up from chopping the throttle after being under high boost. That turbo bark is not good on the turbo.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Wouldnt the mechanical be better? What is the max boost pressure it can close back at?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If a full mechanical works I would go that way. Had my own issues with the BD unit, I just made it inoperable. The solenoid can get moisture in it and or dirt and makes it blow off at any boost level.

madman1234509

Reaction score
If a full mechanical works I would go that way. Had my own issues with the BD unit, I just made it inoperable. The solenoid can get moisture in it and or dirt and makes it blow off at any boost level.

The only two people I know that ran bd blow offs had problems. One was on my.buddies 6.4 worked for 2 weeks then would randomly work on occasion. Then it began to leak boost.

The other was on the 900hp compounded Cummins I went to the truck jam with last fall. Same with his, worked for a month or two and now will blow off randomly once in a great while. That truck doesn't see dirt or salt either.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Talking about bd or jgs?

The jgs bov uses drive and boost pressure to hold it shut. As long at your drive pressure is greater than your boost pressure the bov will hold shut. Which is the case with 98% of us. As soon as you let off and drive pressure becomes less than boost pressure, the boost pressure pushing up on the valve opens it. There is also a regulator on it to regulate when you want it to open

Latest posts

Members online