What BOV you runnin?

phooker

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's just a cool thing. It releases pressure backed up from chopping the throttle after being under high boost. That turbo bark is not good on the turbo.

I've seen an s475 run treated like a red headed stepchild for a whole drag season. Pulled it to build to motor and it was perfect shaft play wise. This truck had a TurboSmart BOV installed on it.

madman1234509

Reaction score
How recent? Tial does make quality stuff. But I've never personally looked closely at one of their kits and don't know what the main part that is failing is, whether it's the valve itself or the electronics.

I'm not saying the jgs valve will be perfect. Obv you'll have to clean the particulate filter on the drive pressure side once in a while, and there is always the possibility for leaks in the lines, but it may be a good option. I may try it after I build my truck.... but I'm hoping I can hear good reviews about it before then because it may be a while after picking up this Harley truck

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I see some replies where guys are talking about a blow off valve and a waste gate like there the same thing...? Elite told me to be very carefull when I let off the throttle under full boost with my 72mm if I don't have a BOV. Said the VGT won't bleed all that boost off fast enough and that's hard on the turbo wheels.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im doing a custom tal mechanical BOV on my 6.0 shortly, just need the time to get it done. Its been done plenty of times before, its nothing new. Ill be using the JGS filter as well.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If a full mechanical works I would go that way. Had my own issues with the BD unit, I just made it inoperable. The solenoid can get moisture in it and or dirt and makes it blow off at any boost level.

It seems like most of the people who ran the BD said the same thing...it caused more problems than it was worth.

Edit: I didn't see WhiteMonster's response the first time. That is the only exception I know of.

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I've ran my bad BOV for over 6 years. Last week is the first time I have had an issue. Take the solenoid apart if it sticks open. 3 screws on top and 2 on the back. Its just a plunger that comes apart. I'll take mine back apart and take pics

blk350on20s

Reaction score
OK. Pull the solenoid off the truck and remove its mounting plate via the 2 bolts and nuts.
IMG_20130402_214433_088.jpg

Now remove the 3 screws at the top. Can only be put on 1 way so don't worry about orientation.
IMG_20130402_214448_458.jpg

And apart
IMG_20130402_214636_145.jpg

IMG_20130402_214644_108.jpg

IMG_20130402_214701_271.jpg

Now remove the 2 screws on the silver back plate. Careful there is a small spring behind the plate.
IMG_20130402_214458_705.jpg

All apart in order.
IMG_20130402_215020_675.jpg

Now just clean the plunger and its base. Basically boost is always flowing to the top of the gate. When you let off the plunger is slid over releasing the air to the bottom plate and away from the BOV allowing the boost to push up on the valve

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Interesting. Kind of sucks to hear the bad report about the unit I was excited about and have on back order lol.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Its due to condensation and CCV gunk. It has nothing to do electronically. Mine was from rust forming. Simple clean 6 years later and its like new

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Well Elite just called again and told me BD has to find a new supplier for some of the parts they use to make there BOV and they have no idea when they will have some made and ready to ship. Soooo my order has been canceled and I'm back to needing to find a different valve. Please help :(

VanoFord

Reaction score
If the new BD's are using an updated Tial design, why not just go straight to a Tial? I was going to put one on my 4.6L when I had plans to turbo it, but just decided to get a truck w/ turbo's already on. buddy has ran Tial on his track cars for a long time and never an issue.

Latest posts

Members online