What BOV you runnin?

madman1234509

Reaction score
How many springs did you get? Sounds like you took a step in the right direction. Maybe if you used the two heaviest springs. Try your heaviest spring and the lightest spring, or the two lightest springs or vice versa.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
did you take the regulator out, with the springs you had previously??

or are you just shooting in the dark??

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Didn't have any more time to fiddle with it after the spring change. All the regulator does is tell the valve what psi to close at, once its open so I'm not sure I will gain anything by removing it. Need to try a different spring combo.

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Keep us updated if you ever get it tuned right. I'm guess yall are mounting them after the intercooler right? It's not going to blow off between sifts is it or atleast not all of the pressure?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You should be able to put the truck and drive and build boost while braking and let off quickly. It should blow off if you want to know whether it is working or not

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Well at first I had to light of a spring in it so it would open with less than 20 psi. It would blow off though when I let up. Now I think I've got to heavy of a spring installed. Its held closed to over 50 psi but it also doesn't blow off when I let up. Haven't had time to work on it again since the weekend.

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Is there not a way to manually control the bov through like a pressure devise where you could turn it one way and it tighten up the pressure and turn the other way to loosen it? If that makes any sense at all or are u just gonna have to play with the springs till you get the right combo?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Looks like all a guy can do is try to dial in the right spring combo. Kinda bummed about that.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the springs determine what the bov will lower boost to.

let off the gas, spring pressure of 20 psi, will blow off all boost down to 20 psi, as thats when the springs will close the bov against the boost.

like i said before, put the 20 pounds worth of springs back in, eliminate the regulator, and see if that fixes your problem. if it does you either have a faulty regulator, or your not adjusting it correctly.

then you can put a/the regulator back in, and go from there.

05wh250

Reaction score
ive got one on mine but haven't got on it hard to see. i had extra springs in there to make sure i didn't have a boost leak anywhere after my intake swap.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.