What Do You Tow?

vcassens

Reaction score
dagepupa.jpg

Not towing but there is 72 bags in the bed and 8 in the back seat

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
What tires are on the trailer? What are they rated for? Do you have a spare?

Cheap Chicom F range tires, I don't have any idea what they are rated for, but don't blow out as often as the E range. Carry 4 spares plus the one in the trailer neck.

Got an order of 50 34" ball white pines going out first of next week.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Picked this up last weekend. "New" tractor for the cabin. Need something I could plow snow with and going to use it to clear land for the pole shed next spring.

Not 100% sure what it ways but from what I read somewhere in the 5000 pound range. I grew up in the city and I just after last weekend of owning it man are these things handy to have.

1968 Case 530KC.

Pulling trees over

Picking up the boat to get all the water out of the bilge.
IMG_2975_zps27417ff2.jpg

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
Now why is it anytime some pulls something heavy they are going to kill someone?????

Does that also mean that the 18 wheeler that's over the 80k is going to kill someone too??

It's one thing if your truck is rated to haul that kind of weight. No way a 7.3 F350 can legally haul that. Plain ignorant.

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
That is too much for a 1 ton. I'm just tired of the your going to kill bs.

The problem is if you have to stop in a hurry or if you blow a steer tire and lose control that truck is less equipped to handle that situation then the right rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Twan

Reaction score
I see a lot of IF, what if's this means nothing.
A good drive can/should be able to handle his/her truck. You should have your trailer brakes set right too.
When i had a steer tire let go, 40" bogger it wasn't bad at all. I also had a 35" pro comp drive let go with my 5th wheel, 6200lbs on the drive axle. Had no problem.
Now 40k behide a 1 ton is to much.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The problem is if you have to stop in a hurry or if you blow a steer tire and lose control that truck is less equipped to handle that situation then the right rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

^^^^exactly. Most semis actually stop in shorter distances when loaded. Why....because they are designed to handle the weight.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I see a lot of IF, what if's this means nothing.
A good drive can/should be able to handle his/her truck. You should have your trailer brakes set right too.
When i had a steer tire let go, 40" bogger it wasn't bad at all. I also had a 35" pro comp drive let go with my 5th wheel, 6200lbs on the drive axle. Had no problem.
Now 40k behide a 1 ton is to much.

Sometimes sh#t happens that isn't caused by you, but being severely overloaded can mean the difference between wrecking or not. To avoid the "ifs", here is some real life... When I am hot shotting people cut in front of me all the time. Not so close that it would be dangerous with an empty truck, but I guess they don't realize when I am loaded, I can't stop as quick. I have had a few different close calls when they stopped suddenly. This particular weekend, when I was towing that big dozer blade (pic 2), I barely got stopped when the person stopped for the redlight. Had I been overloaded, there is no way I would have got stopped and guess who would have been liable for that accident....me

Twan

Reaction score
Trust me I know, I drive cross country all the time.
We can pull 30k with any 3/4 1 ton as long as we don't excited the axle limits. My friend has his truck set for it, and it's a 08 dodge.

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
Lol, you guys are funny. The loads we pull are probably overloaded and a couple of that Nancy's that work for me are too scared to pull em, but we haul loads that heavy all the time. Never had a problem other than blowing out tires or cracking leaf springs.

That maroon pile of junk has spend probably 280k of the 305k miles its got on it pulling those types of loads. We don't scale stuff, if there's enough deck space, we fill it.

I'll pull through the scales at the CO-OP when we leave with the next load and see what it weighs.

BTW, we always load the semis to 125k an run on the two lanes, never killed anyone that way either. Lol

Latest posts

Members online