What Do You Tow?

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Drive axle is 6900. That was the first time I put that set up on the scale. Just had to adjust the load a little bit. I have no need to tow anymore then this so I am not too worried about it. This was with everything I could possibly need throw in to check it on the scale. Anymore and I will just hook it up to my KW.

I was going off lack of info on your drivers license classification which presumably is Class C but since you have Class A then yeah you are fine and DOT won't mess with you on that weight. You could use my truck to handle all that weight it's 1.5 ton F Super Duty with GVWR 15,000 as the truck only weighs 7,000 lbs.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
Bad day

Picture191.jpg

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I was going off lack of info on your drivers license classification which presumably is Class C but since you have Class A then yeah you are fine and DOT won't mess with you on that weight. You could use my truck to handle all that weight it's 1.5 ton F Super Duty with GVWR 15,000 as the truck only weighs 7,000 lbs.

I do have other trucks to use. This one just works best with family/dogs in the truck. It really is pathetic the gvw vs empty weight vs what it can haul with ease.

Another thing I do have to say is its not just about the weight your pulling. Comparing my enclosed at 19k and my Camper at 9k. The camper is actually worse to pull. Its more bouncy, the weight is higher, and the wind takes it all over the place. The enclosed has all the weight right at the bottom, longer wheelbase, and an extra axle. You don't even notice wind. You can drive it with ease.

Spud Monkey

Reaction score
I do have other trucks to use. This one just works best with family/dogs in the truck. It really is pathetic the gvw vs empty weight vs what it can haul with ease.

Another thing I do have to say is its not just about the weight your pulling. Comparing my enclosed at 19k and my Camper at 9k. The camper is actually worse to pull. Its more bouncy, the weight is higher, and the wind takes it all over the place. The enclosed has all the weight right at the bottom, longer wheelbase, and an extra axle. You don't even notice wind. You can drive it with ease.

It being gooseneck or 5th wheel makes a difference too on weight placement and handling. I plan on building a V nose on front of my travel trailer to take the wind easier.

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
Ya, that is a lot of weight, probably too much. Been doing that for years, but first time we've weighed a load of trees. That maroon dually and trailer have over 200k miles of those type of loads.

Brakes on the truck/trailer actually stop it pretty good, but with that kinda weight will probably look at splitting some loads or throwing them on a semi.

Last edited:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Nope it isn't safe magic number but it's DOT's rule on how much a non commercial drivers license can have for GVWR unless you got recreational license

Not if its "not for hire" or private use. If your over 26k hauling your own sh!t up north to ride, to the race track, or whatever, you don't need a CDL. Hauling commercially is different, then what you said would apply.

Ya, that is a lot of weight, probably too much. Been doing that for years, but first time we've weighed a load of trees. That maroon dually and trailer have over 200k miles of those type of loads.

Brakes on the truck/trailer actually stop it pretty good, but with that kinda weight will probably look at splitting some loads or throwing them on a semi.

I don't believe a 7.3 pulled that much weight at 70MPH. :wtf:

Latest posts

Members online