What Do You Tow?

TurboM700

Reaction score
Here is my tow for the weekend. Have never pulled a truck like this and I was shocked how well it worked out. I liked it better then throwing it on a rental trailer that is hardley big enough.
IMG_3406_zpsa9d82ffb.jpg

image_zpsafd72ac8.jpg

IMG_3407_zps6944d538.jpg

TurboM700

Reaction score
Made it. Took me about an hr with scrap steel I laying around.

I used my truck to mock it up so I knew it would fit when I got there.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I have towed way to many six blows home on a trailer and this pulled 10x better. The only thing I was worried about was not having breaks but it seemed to do fine.

When semi's would pass me(kept the speed around 65mph) it got a little sketch but other then that it went really well.

TurboM700

Reaction score
2 3/4" grade 8 bolts. Left about 1/4" slop between them and the bolts.

If I did it alot I would just make up some pins for them but I dont.

dsberman94

Reaction score
all i really want to see is the parts where they attach on the tow hooks of the vehicle being towed. everything else i can pretty much see. just a couple pics with it attached with the chains and without it attached. just to see how that is done.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Ok this might fall into the stuipd load category but sometime you have to make do with what you got.

I'm building a pole barn in spring and I'm making the poles instead of buying them pre-made.

When and picked out all the lumber and when i went to check out i reallized I had a little more weight then I thought. Weighted one of the poles after they were made. Came in at 149 pounds. There is 20 poles worth of lumber on that trailer that I towed with my golf TDI. :doh::doh::jawdrop:

Not that it make it any better I only had 5 miles togo and the car did really well.

For those of you that dont want todo the math thats 2980 pounds.

Also attached a pic of the pole making process.

photo_zps580cd2c7.jpg

bluedge8

Reaction score
sounds like something you would do,,,,:p
Considering my Jetta said not to tow ANYTHING! I thought you were going to say you had that much weight in the car LOL

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Ok this might fall into the stuipd load category but sometime you have to make do with what you got.

I'm building a pole barn in spring and I'm making the poles instead of buying them pre-made.

When and picked out all the lumber and when i went to check out i reallized I had a little more weight then I thought. Weighted one of the poles after they were made. Came in at 149 pounds. There is 20 poles worth of lumber on that trailer that I towed with my golf TDI. :doh::doh::jawdrop:

Not that it make it any better I only had 5 miles togo and the car did really well.

For those of you that dont want todo the math thats 2980 pounds.

Also attached a pic of the pole making process.

photo_zps580cd2c7.jpg

I need a TDI with a hitch. LOL

Latest posts

Members online