What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Emery19

Reaction score
Finished retrofit finally!

index.php

index.php
Nice man! Got a write up?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Mounted my in the bed tool box
d26a51846cf5ea076482d63dc6c193c4.jpg
28277ecf6f8112e20db078738c920564.jpg

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

It is cute. I scored a kobalt box from lowes last weekend for $75. I guess someone bought a brand new one and returned this. Kinda a dick move but cool for me. Only one handle really works but it seems the other handle is just because it's a little bent where it meets the rod to unlock. Little bit of adjustment and it'll be good to go. Still a good score for $75.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I let a guy that worked at Redi Rental hook up a trailer to my truck, which came off and trashed my bumper.... so maybe its time for a Fusion.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I let a guy that worked at Redi Rental hook up a trailer to my truck, which came off and trashed my bumper.... so maybe its time for a Fusion.

First mistake....not double checking behind someone else.

If anyone hooks a trailer to my truck other than me, it gets double checked before I go anywhere. I've had trailers sat down on top of the ball several times by guys that work for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
It is cute. I scored a kobalt box from lowes last weekend for $75. I guess someone bought a brand new one and returned this. Kinda a dick move but cool for me. Only one handle really works but it seems the other handle is just because it's a little bent where it meets the rod to unlock. Little bit of adjustment and it'll be good to go. Still a good score for $75.
Cute? Why cause it's little like your pecker! And it was free! Brand new never mounted and has both keys! Kinda hard to beat. If I wanted a full size over the rails box I would go down to the bottom of the hill to my storage building take this one out and put my full size one in. But I didn't want that in this truck.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cute? Why cause it's little like your pecker! And it was free! Brand new never mounted and has both keys! Kinda hard to beat. If I wanted a full size over the rails box I would go down to the bottom of the hill to my storage building take this one out and put my full size one in. But I didn't want that in this truck.

Hey then. If it's free then it's definitely the right price. I was trying to find one that would sit down inside the bed rails but would go all the way across the and be deep still, but I think they had different models for long and short bed trucks and they were expensive too. So the one I got will work nicely. I just need to get my bag of power tools and extra clothes bag out of the cab so there's room and it's the way I want it.

But if you turn your box around and add some foam and caulk you'll have a nice easy access cooler for the summer time.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Hey then. If it's free then it's definitely the right price. I was trying to find one that would sit down inside the bed rails but would go all the way across the and be deep still, but I think they had different models for long and short bed trucks and they were expensive too. So the one I got will work nicely. I just need to get my bag of power tools and extra clothes bag out of the cab so there's room and it's the way I want it.

But if you turn your box around and add some foam and caulk you'll have a nice easy access cooler for the summer time.

Maybe I've had too much to drink tonight, but what does length of bed have to do with width of toolbox?

Not that you needed to buy a toolbox when you've needed to fix your *cough its on its way out- now its shot- maybe its okay to keep limping- now its definitely leaking*cough hpop... :poke:

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I want one like that for beside my stack.. instead of my big one. Can you slide it all the way to one side? Or will it hit the wheel well?
It can be slid over. I have a cheap plastic liner in my bed and it will still slide all the way over. Without the plastic liner would be even more room.
37ee7e83190e187aec9c2678ca963e7d.jpg

jimdawg185

Reaction score
First mistake....not double checking behind someone else.

If anyone hooks a trailer to my truck other than me, it gets double checked before I go anywhere. I've had trailers sat down on top of the ball several times by guys that work for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I learned my lesson for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Maybe I've had too much to drink tonight, but what does length of bed have to do with width of toolbox?

Not that you needed to buy a toolbox when you've needed to fix your *cough its on its way out- now its shot- maybe its okay to keep limping- now its definitely leaking*cough hpop... :poke:

Short bed trucks have less space between the cab end of the bed and the wheel wells and the box I wanted seemed to have a different angle built into it for the wheel wells for a short bed truck and a long bed truck, which was just straight without an extra angle built into it at the bottom.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Short bed trucks have less space between the cab end of the bed and the wheel wells and the box I wanted seemed to have a different angle built into it for the wheel wells for a short bed truck and a long bed truck, which was just straight without an extra angle built into it at the bottom.

That at least makes sense, but that's the depth of the toolbox to me, the width is how wide it is between the bedrails.

JrStroker

Reaction score
It can be slid over. I have a cheap plastic liner in my bed and it will still slide all the way over. Without the plastic liner would be even more room.
37ee7e83190e187aec9c2678ca963e7d.jpg

11982ab6dcc1086502fd8ff12f01cfe7.jpg
a3374179c1be15aa3d3da3be9d2ff47f.jpg
ba615c998ad2a9a4d2e7492f39efdcd9.jpg
I have a full size angled box like you guys were talking about. I like it. But I want a smaller box to fit beside/between the bedside and stack. I'd like it a lot better.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.