What have you done to your powerstroke today?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
2015 cclb pearl plati 4x4 109k miles. Not finalized yet. But put money down on it. Gotta wait for the bank on Wednesday to do all the paperwork. Once i get paid from the insurance company then i should only be a couple grand from payoff..
e0e173fb271205c7cad891b4a2418e79.jpg
05313093a528f6cf3559677002f05e7b.jpg
f4d91e9ffffef680927f8e2bf16cf8b2.jpg

live life full throttle
Congrats on the new truck, ****ty way to get one, but congrats none the less...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Fixed a water pump neck leak, upper and lower hoses, coolant swap and a needed bath..

Attachments

• IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79

C2tuck

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer for a suspected primary water pump and CCV replacement. Hope to have it back by Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greyford1979

Reaction score
Found out that I blew the brake line that runs from the front of the truck all the way to the rear. Lost most of the fluid onto the axle on the way home from work yesterday. Definitely made my butthole pucker going down a steep hill by work and the brake pedal went to the floor. What a wonderful way to start off the new year. Well at least I made it home without crashing into anything. Guess I'm gonna change out the rubber hoses to the stainless braided lines while I'm at it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not a hard job but time consuming to drop the fuel tank and get all the bends just right. Have had to do it twice now on two spectate trucks. Like you said, could have been a lot worse.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Not a hard job but time consuming to drop the fuel tank and get all the bends just right. Have had to do it twice now on two spectate trucks. Like you said, could have been a lot worse.

Yeah when it happened, first thing I thought was why if it was going to happen, why couldn't it have blown when I had the fuel tank out to do my fuel system lol. Oh well, it's lasted to 317,000 miles, so it had a good run. Now just wondering which one is next to go?

PDT1081

Reaction score

Cut the old one at each end of the tank and fish a new one through. You can anchor it to the old one, so there's no need to drop the tank.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Had that happen to me while plowing down my driveway.... got to the bottom and nothing. Took a set of vice grips to the end of the line, topped it off, and finished plowing, lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

greyford1979

Reaction score
Had that happen to me while plowing down my driveway.... got to the bottom and nothing. Took a set of vice grips to the end of the line, topped it off, and finished plowing, lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Luckily I don't live to far from work and was able to limp it home. I couldn't tell where it was leaking till yesterday because it was raining Monday night on the way home and everything underneath was wet.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I had that same line rot through over the summer. Luckily I was just moving firewood around the property. Still hairy when your backup up to the house and the truck won’t stop. I was able to get the old section of line cut out and went to the part store for a replacement section and fittings, hand bent it and got it put back in without too much of a problem.

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
New pads and rotors on the back of the ex.
Rotated tires, and replaced one wheel seal in the back. Standard maintenance, lol.
Oh yeah, finished pulling another " bulletproof" zf6 out of my 00 flatbed. Bout time to dump that shot for a 4r, lol.
Change my mind----

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
New pads and rotors on the back of the ex.
Rotated tires, and replaced one wheel seal in the back. Standard maintenance, lol.
Oh yeah, finished pulling another " bulletproof" zf6 out of my 00 flatbed. Bout time to dump that shot for a 4r, lol.
Change my mind----
Do it!! Just get good custom trans tuning for the 4r. Or shift it manually. Lol

live life full throttle

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Pulled the kick panel apart to get my door code because I was bored. Not super hard but I don't fit under the dash. Awkward to get at.

Latest posts

Members online