What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Well it says your getting a 6.7 then it says something about using a sct in a 6.4? So your getting a 6.7 but would really like a 6.4 cuz you have a sct you can use?

live life full throttle

Oh, no. He said wait til I'm out of school to get a 6.4, so I was saying why I want one now(as in sooner than later), I can get one for a decent price, and tuners aren't cheap for 6.4s. My plan is to pick up a clean 6.7 when I graduate in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Never gonna happen! Lol

Why do so many guys hate on the 7.3? I've had 2 of them in the past (both 2000 models with 6spd) and I'd trade my 6.0 in a heatbeat for another clean 7.3 with the 6spd! And I've really had no problems with either 6.0 I've owned.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Why do so many guys hate on the 7.3? I've had 2 of them in the past (both 2000 models with 6spd) and I'd trade my 6.0 in a heatbeat for another clean 7.3 with the 6spd! And I've really had no problems with either 6.0 I've owned.

They're reliable workhorses yada yada I know. If I NEEDED a truck strictly for work, I'd get a 7.3, 200hp out of a big motor like that would hold up pretty well, and if they're taken care of decently, they'll last. I'm certainly not hating on them either. We've had a couple at work that I wouldn't mind having. But my truck isn't worked hard, it's not a tool for work, I got it because I liked it and wanted it, and was able to get it. It'll probably never pull more than a friends vehicle on a trailer. Most of it's "hard" use is when I'm bored and want to hear it scream a little. It cost me roughly the same as a 7.3 would and it's newer and faster. It'll eventually get injectors and a turbo, and at that power level, I'd be nervous to run PMRs, so either way, I'd be going into the engine(studs vs rods) and the trans doesn't seem to hold up as well as a 5r stock. For my wants/needs, a 6.0 fit better IMO. I wouldn't have turned down a 7.3, but I certainly wouldn't trade back into one. The only circumstance that I would entertain that idea was before the aftermarket got bigger w/ the 6.7s and the 6.4s were making good power for relatively cheap, but now, no thanks. I'll take the newest truck I can get.

As far as what I did to it today: checked on the order status of my heater hosed…and hope that the get here soon, so I can fix it this weekend.

dsberman94

Reaction score
They're reliable workhorses yada yada I know. If I NEEDED a truck strictly for work, I'd get a 7.3, 200hp out of a big motor like that would hold up pretty well, and if they're taken care of decently, they'll last. I'm certainly not hating on them either. We've had a couple at work that I wouldn't mind having. But my truck isn't worked hard, it's not a tool for work, I got it because I liked it and wanted it, and was able to get it. It'll probably never pull more than a friends vehicle on a trailer. Most of it's "hard" use is when I'm bored and want to hear it scream a little. It cost me roughly the same as a 7.3 would and it's newer and faster. It'll eventually get injectors and a turbo, and at that power level, I'd be nervous to run PMRs, so either way, I'd be going into the engine(studs vs rods) and the trans doesn't seem to hold up as well as a 5r stock. For my wants/needs, a 6.0 fit better IMO. I wouldn't have turned down a 7.3, but I certainly wouldn't trade back into one. The only circumstance that I would entertain that idea was before the aftermarket got bigger w/ the 6.7s and the 6.4s were making good power for relatively cheap, but now, no thanks. I'll take the newest truck I can get.

As far as what I did to it today: checked on the order status of my heater hosed…and hope that the get here soon, so I can fix it this weekend.

Just curious you paid how much for a 6.0 with how many miles and I already know what's on the interior but what configuration? Crew cab or what?

Just for the record I'm running injectors and a turbo on a PMR 7.3. Trans builds are also cheaper on the 4r than the 5r. The 4r is also much simpler. The 7.3 is an awesome motor to have for work and play. Abused daily. I'm not trying to start a fight but look at the issues 6.0's and 6.4's have and look at the issues 7.3's have. Not even in the same ballpark. Only thing I had to do was a trans.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Put in a red head gear box
uploadfromtaptalk1390859581487.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390859599768.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
depending on how you drive.... it'll be shortly. and ill be honest taking the cab off isn't bad as long as you have the proper equipment.

No the cab won't need to come off if he uses it for its purpose (work ) and not abuse Jesus the 6.4 is a phenomenal motor a lot of times it's non maintenance and abuse of the current or previous owner.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.