What is this hose to and for?

junglejoe

Reaction score
Previous owner looks to have installed a "T" in this hose for some reason... it goes the valve cover and over to a sensor or switch on the passenger side..

Attachments

• ())()()()((((.jpg
    ())()()()((((.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 98
  • )()((())))).jpg
    )()((())))).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
Should be to the map sensor. I'm not sure why there is a valve in it, that's not factory. Po may have had a boost guage tapped in there..edit I see its not a valve its a plug

04stroker

Reaction score
Is that the map sensor hose? Does it go to the intake manifold or valve cover? Look just like a map sensor hose if it is was probably used for a boost gauge of some sort.

junglejoe

Reaction score
It goes the valve cover and to a sensor. Apparently there was a boost gauge there from PO.

78f100

Reaction score
It should be from the intake to the sensor. No hoses should come out the valve cover. The pic looks like its in the intake also.

prototypemo

Reaction score
yeah its from the valve cover to the map sensor. if you remove the plug and tap into that line you can run an analog boost gauge.

78f100

Reaction score
Can't get a boost reference from the valve cover. It has to be to the intake. Is the valve cover your explaining black or aluminum/ silver?

78f100

Reaction score
Valve cover. Intake

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-07-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-07-08.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-05-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-05-48.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 50

prototypemo

Reaction score
Can't get a boost reference from the valve cover. It has to be to the intake. Is the valve cover your explaining black or aluminum/ silver?

Well...my analog boost gauge is tied into my map sensor tube. And mine shows me how much boost my truck is getting and it's the same as my digital one...so...? And yes it's to the valve cover not the intake manifold.

nohsp4u

Reaction score
That is what i think i am looking for too. I was told i can cut my MAP hose install a Tee and then run it?? i forget. I have banks inner cooler and was told this would help with lag. someone help me fill int eh blank as it looks like that might have been that po's intention.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Well...my analog boost gauge is tied into my map sensor tube. And mine shows me how much boost my truck is getting and it's the same as my digital one...so...? And yes it's to the valve cover not the intake manifold.

How??? Let's see some pics, because you guys must be onto some space age **** if your map sensors are tied into the valve cover

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Must have the only 6L ever made with the boost reference line going to the vc, considering there is nowhere to get a reference from on the head.

78f100

Reaction score
LOL what was I thinking??? Rocket science. Its the new crankcase absolute pressure setup. No longer need the manifold absolute pressure.

That is what i think i am looking for too. I was told i can cut my MAP hose install a Tee and then run it?? i forget. I have banks inner cooler and was told this would help with lag. someone help me fill int eh blank as it looks like that might have been that po's intention.
You can t a boost gauge in the map tube, it works just fine. He is saying his is coming from the valvecover, mine and yours comes from the intake manifold. Idk how else to explain it to him.
Your crankcase pressure is equal to your boost...... Your chit is dicked.
Thats what I was thinking.
I think we have a troll.

Last edited:

prototypemo

Reaction score

....this guy is an idiot....ugh (-_-) sorry guys I've torn my **** apart like 4 times in the past month and am going crazy trying to fix it. I didn't even notice it when I was arguing "not the intake MANIFOLD " considering the MAP is short for MANIFOLD absolute pressure....had an asshat crackhead moment. Also I haven't slept in 4 days...maybe I should step away from the truck for a few huh? My apologies again fellas.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Should be to the map sensor. I'm not sure why there is a valve in it, that's not factory. Po may have had a boost guage tapped in there..edit I see its not a valve its a plug

Yup. boost ref for something. Water, gauge,etc...

Latest posts

Members online