What size injectors should I go with??

young7.3

Reaction score
So im starting to look into buying a set of injectors. Im leaning toward a 238 or 250 something. 90% sure ill be upgrading to a 38r as well. Im looking for right around 500 hp. Ive seen this combo make 550 before and ive seen it make less. Current mods cales tunes, full fuel system, t500, warren diesel trans. What size injector should I go with so that my t500 can still keep up? Thanks guys(and girls).

Last edited:

bigfords

Reaction score
Why not just run the 238/80? They should be good to about 500 HP if tuned properly. Correct? Shouldn't the 238/80 be a little easier to "mail order" tune?

young7.3

Reaction score
Thats what im planing on doing. Just run them as they are with the 80% and when i get a 38r, or bigger turbo, upgrade the nozzle.

I have cales tunes right now and i heard he isnt tuning anymore. So who would you guys recomened I get some tunes from? I would like a stock, economy, tow, hot street file, and a sled pull file that will lock the converter.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Swamps tuning hands down the best in my opinion. Had it on my last truck and loved their tunes. Especially the 4500 nasty idle tune!!

PONYPULLER58

Reaction score
I have Johnathans tunes from No Limit Tuning. They are by far the best tunes I've come across. Check them out at dynoproven.com. you won't be disapointed

young7.3

Reaction score
I have for sure settled on 238/80, picked them up last weekend. I need to figure out whos tuning to go with before I leave for spring break this friday!

DocBar

Reaction score
I have for sure settled on 238/80, picked them up last weekend. I need to figure out whos tuning to go with before I leave for spring break this friday!
I would send them in to FFD and get them changed to 250/200's before I did anything else. That way, you only have to install them once. I recommend Gearhead tuning but also liked Jon @ Unlimited's live tunes quite a bit. They were a bit smokey but ran strong.
If you can get live tunes, I would suggest it. :fordoval:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I would send them in to FFD and get them changed to 250/200's before I did anything else. That way, you only have to install them once. I recommend Gearhead tuning but also liked Jon @ Unlimited's live tunes quite a bit. They were a bit smokey but ran strong.
If you can get live tunes, I would suggest it. :fordoval:

Depends on who built them in the first place. I dont see the point in changing from a 238 to a 250 if the injectors are good. Put 200% nozzles on, get em flowed, and keep truckin.

DocBar

Reaction score
Depends on who built them in the first place. I dont see the point in changing from a 238 to a 250 if the injectors are good. Put 200% nozzles on, get em flowed, and keep truckin.
That's a true enough statement. If they kept clean fuel and good pressure to them, they should be good with only 10K miles on them.

Latest posts

Members online