What to do...

Cody

Reaction score
whats the lift and tire size?

3 or 3.5 drop hanger kit, and a small homemade leveling kit, and 37's on 22s'

QUOTE=Zaairman;242457]He asked for opinions... if you don't like it, GTFO. My truck may be old, but a good buffing shines er up. A good buffing on that truck would make it look awesome.[/QUOTE]

haha soap helps the old girl out alot too :p

chappy

Reaction score
Its mainly swirled because its got a lot of crap in the paint from winter. The salt and temps are hell on paint jobs up here. Black shows it all to. I bet a good clay bar job in the spring would get rid of a lot of what you are seeing. Buffing would be best but depending on how it cleans up after clay bar it might not be absolutely needed. A good waxing with some meguiars ultimate wax or nxt2.0 will cover it all up as well.

EditI went back and looked again and I don't think those are bad at all. Just light holograms from the direct sun. You'll get those just washing it on a black truck. I've had a lot worse on my black trucks even fresh from the paint shop . I'm not an expert at it but I do know some about keeping a paint job looking good. I do a lot of buffing jobs around here for people.

Last edited:

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
That is a good looking truck. I would update the front end to 05-07 along with your badges. After that, punt those headlights as hard as you can like it was 4th and long and go with some stock 05-07 or harleys. I would also put a 08-up rear bumper on it. I'd do the bumpers and grille chrome to break up some of the black since you have chrome wheels. Ditch the bug deflector too.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
08+ rear bumper
05-07 front end
05 Harley headlights
Painted handles and mirrors
Bug guard delete
Billet emblems

What wheels are those? I like them! How wide?

Last edited:

Cody

Reaction score
Bug guard deleted... haha

08+ rear bumper
05-07 front end
05 Harley headlights
Painted handles and mirrors
Bug guard delete
Billet emblems

What wheels are those? I like them! How wide?

Jessie James Lawless 8's and there 22x11

TyCorr

Reaction score
Truck looks good.already Code. I would.try.painting the grey.plastic.on the front.before you.go straight for.the plain black 07 hd.front.end. Your truck.is.cool. Do.something.different than the standard "ptm harley front end". Its a great look, but with an avg of two people a month doing.a.conversion its.getting.boring. Do a black 04 harley.grill like Mink did on his.old.truck. Or.a.custom one with bolts on it. Anything thats slightly different.

Cody

Reaction score
Truck looks good.already Code. I would.try.painting the grey.plastic.on the front.before you.go straight for.the plain black 07 hd.front.end. Your truck.is.cool. Do.something.different than the standard "ptm harley front end". Its a great look, but with an avg of two people a month doing.a.conversion its.getting.boring. Do a black 04 harley.grill like Mink did on his.old.truck. Or.a.custom one with bolts on it. Anything thats slightly different.

Thanks Bub, kind of what i was thinking, or im going to get an xl bumper, and possibly fill the holes and run no vallance, not too sure yet... but ive ditched the headlights for a harley light with no ugly ass orange corners, lost the bug shield, and whips as i never have my cb on anymore and washed it up so zaairman would quit bitchin about it being swirled haha..

heres how she sits this week
314122_2782198080590_1427340010_31995491_510591620_n.jpg

it should be going to the body shop as soon as he gets a little more open to get rockers done while its there im going to PTM the door handles and the mirror caps if i ever buy another one haha possibly an 04 harley grill

TyCorr

Reaction score
Siunds Iike a great plan. Be different. Only fat.girls.try to blend in. LOL..

You make me hate the fact that my truck is a shortbed. I loooove your truck.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks Bub, kind of what i was thinking, or im going to get an xl bumper, and possibly fill the holes and run no vallance, not too sure yet... but ive ditched the headlights for a harley light with no ugly ass orange corners, lost the bug shield, and whips as i never have my cb on anymore and washed it up so zaairman would quit bitchin about it being swirled haha..

heres how she sits this week
314122_2782198080590_1427340010_31995491_510591620_n.jpg

it should be going to the body shop as soon as he gets a little more open to get rockers done while its there im going to PTM the door handles and the mirror caps if i ever buy another one haha possibly an 04 harley grill

Oh and post.some.more current.pics...please!

Cody

Reaction score
sometimes i wish it were a short bed sometimes i get some looks in some of the spots i manage to land it in.. :swordfight:

but ill get some up after it gets some changes done :toast:

Jason

Reaction score
Whatever you do....keep the wheels chrome! They really set it off, and i dont care what anybody says blacked out is okd and played out. '04 harley grille, if youre doing ptm door habdles and mirrors you need to figure out something for the bedcaps and bumoer trim or their rough finish and platinum cokor are going to stand out like a sore thumb. Have a PROFESSIONAL do a 3 stage buff on it. I get mine done annually and my guy also goes over the truck with a small bottle of paint and touches up any nicks in the paint.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whatever you do....keep the wheels chrome! They really set it off, and i dont care what anybody says blacked out is okd and played out. '04 harley grille, if youre doing ptm door habdles and mirrors you need to figure out something for the bedcaps and bumoer trim or their rough finish and platinum cokor are going to stand out like a sore thumb. Have a PROFESSIONAL do a 3 stage buff on it. I get mine done annually and my guy also goes over the truck with a small bottle of paint and touches up any nicks in the paint.

Dude, they make.that stuff in black plastic. The front bumper he.could.ditch that one since its ptm. Fill the.holes,spray, and be on your way. I agree 100% the wheels.are what make the truck look so good. They break-up what would otherwise be a sea.of.black.

Jason

Reaction score
I thiught it was all black too...until i went to ford for a new tailgate cap. Apparently, its called "platinum" and is a dark dark gray almost. Put a true black bedcap up against it and it was night and day. Those bed caps are spendy to replace just for the hell of it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was looking at ford.part numbers. There were.three.listed. Tan,dk.gray, and.black. That is the extent.of.what I know. Apparently some.model,.be it obscure or not used plastic.that was.black.because.there is a PN for.it. Im pretty.sure the tan was for KR stuff.

Jason

Reaction score
Dark gray is what i have. Parts guy kept calling it platinum. I like how the dark gray pops out against the black though.

Since ive had breakfast and coffee by now, my earlier post was supposed to mean...as opposed to painting to match those dark gray items (like his bumper valance), it may be easier to replace them with the black parts. If his bed caps are in good conditjon, it may be cheaper to smooth and paint them black which would look great and different. If they are rough and scratched, id just spend the money for black ones, as the oem ones are too expensive to buy new and then smooth and ptm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.