What's Everyone's Thoughts On A High Miles 6.4

Twinjracing

Reaction score
I In the market for another truck and looking at 6.4. Ones i've been looking at have 150000 to 200000 miles on them. Just wondering what you thought. Thanks JJ

Sent from my shoe phone

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
I just turned 176xxx on mine. Bought it with 160xxx. If its clean go for it. I only paid 15k for mine

Twinjracing

Reaction score
Runs drives Good The body is a little beat up and the interior looks used but that's fine with me. I'm gong to put my plow on it and use it as a work truck. Going to tune and delete it as soon as I get it. Or that's the plan.

Sent from my shoe phone

Wayne

Reaction score
My '08 CCLB is all back to stock except for egr delete tuner, & exhaust. runs like a champ, and has 201000 on the body, 190000 on the engine and trans. PM me if interested. I'm about to put it up for sale. I really wouldn't worry about a higher miles 6.4 if it's well cared for. Maintenance is key though despite who you bought it from

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Try and get him to 10k and I'd go for it. Being a work truck it doesn't have to look pretty. Just runs and gets the job done!

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Thats a good price. Most of these inbreds are trying to get way more then that for their 99 250k mile 7.3 thats "just breaking in"

Twinjracing

Reaction score
Thats a good price. Most of these inbreds are trying to get way more then that for their 99 250k mile 7.3 thats "just breaking in"

Yeah a 7.3 is worth gold don't you know. I've been looking at truck and what people want for a 7.3 I'm going to get a higher miles 6.4 for the same or cheaper. I would like to have an OBS but wow

Sent from my shoe phone

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Yeah a 7.3 is worth gold don't you know. I've been looking at truck and what people want for a 7.3 I'm going to get a higher miles 6.4 for the same or cheaper. I would like to have an OBS but wow

Sent from my shoe phone

I say go for it as long as you know the risk of the high mileage piston issues. I'd rather drive a high mileage 08+all day then what these fools want for their turds.

Twinjracing

Reaction score
I say go for it as long as you know the risk of the high mileage piston issues. I'd rather drive a high mileage 08+all day then what these fools want for their turds.

I didn't know about a piston problem. Haven't keep up with the 6.4 since I sold mine.

Sent slacking wile at work. O no here comes the boss.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I didn't know about a piston problem. Haven't keep up with the 6.4 since I sold mine.

Sent slacking wile at work. O no here comes the boss.

Not my area of knowledge at all, just have seen quite a few threads about it over the last few months. Not sure if its only occurring to guys running a good amount more then deletes and tuners. Do a search and decide for yourself.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
11k for a 6.4 .?

The bottom dropped out of these trucks quickly, 6.0's and 7.3's bring more then that here easily with just a tick under 200k

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I In the market for another truck and looking at 6.4. Ones i've been looking at have 150000 to 200000 miles on them. Just wondering what you thought. Thanks JJ

Sent from my shoe phone

I'm bout to go to Texas and pickup another 6.4 in a couple days that I purchased its a 08 job 3 with 250,000 miles CCSB lariat for 15,000.

WoodBoy

Reaction score

I don't think high mileage and piston failure are related..... Seen plenty under 50k miles

Latest posts

Members online