whats the biggest inj. I can get

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I have had some issues gong on and they have gotten worse. slight miss turned to major miss when cold turned to very hard start then to no start unless its plugged in. motors got 165k on stock inj and Im thinking (unless you guys have another idea) its time for the fuel shooters.

My question is this, with mods I have done what are the biggest Inj I could get without having to go with a different turbo. And which nozzles 100%-200% are better for what reasons.

I am gonna ditch the sinkership and get a TS 6pos and run single shots also.
Its a daily driver, tow rig up to 15k, and do some pulling at local fairs.
any advise/info will be appreciated.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Just trying to save you some heartache when the injectors dont fix your problems.

Just check it.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I didnt mean to sould lke I was being closed minded. I want other ideas. How do you check cold compression? and how do you fix it?

No no...your fine. I just ask that others do a little diagnostic before blindly changing parts. Injectors are not a part to change...just cause....there expensive....and you need to be sure that is your problem first.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
ok i get what a cold compression test is. what i mean is how do you do it. and if it was a compression issue what would be the way to fix it ? for 165k it seems like that would be early for a compression issue. it has never once smoked a lick of white which from what I read is related to compression. Injectors have been on the back burner for a while now and ive finally got the time and $ to do it so im gonna. thats why i wanted info.

davey99ps

Reaction score
No no...your fine. I just ask that others do a little diagnostic before blindly changing parts. Injectors are not a part to change...just cause....there expensive....and you need to be sure that is your problem first.

Exactly, at $1800+ I'd make damn sure that was my problem first. I'd also check your uvch, make sure everythings plugged in.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
do you run injector cleaner in your fuel???

My parents pickup had a bad miss and when cold if you reved it up to 1750 to 1800 rpms it would just stop right there and blow lots of bluewish white smoke. BUT once it wormed up it would all but go away.. So we started running some injector cleaner in the fuel AND it whent away completly col or warm it revs all the way up AND no longer smokes....

Could be just dirty injectors. not bad one just dirty..

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
A set of 160/80 injectors will bring your truck to life. They are relatively inexpensive and aren't 'too much' for still using the truck to work with

dirtboy25

Reaction score
A set of 160/80 injectors will bring your truck to life. They are relatively inexpensive and aren't 'too much' for still using the truck to work with

:whs:

I was thinking more on the lines of a 200/30 just because they have the larger P&B's and it will let your adrenaline be more efficient in the time of need. :pullover:

If you really want to keep the stock turbo that is. Plus, if you do decide to keep the stock turbo plan on getting a ported compressor housing to take care of the surge.

Edit: But before you go dump money on upgrades make sure new injectors will fix the problem. It'll be a sh!tty day when you put them in and it's still happening.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.