wheres the WMO guys?

whitejohn

Reaction score
only take some of the oil that way a big company still gets some so if asked they can say company x gets their oil but every week you come along and skim some oil off the top

evo45

Reaction score
I have tried that with them but most of them dont even care that I will beat the big guys price, and the big guys are paying up to $.59 a gallon already. I really want to stay under paying a dollar a gallon but it is getting to the point that I may have to. I understand that a dollar a gallon is cheap and even at $1.50 to make it I am not spending alot on fuel but I was hoping to be under a dollar made because of time invested into it.

rsr911

Reaction score
I lucked into two garages as well as a trucking company. I pay $0.40/gallon and I take all of it from the garages. The trucking company lets me skim what I need. Now that D2 is back up and I need another source or two I can't seem to find one. Kinda frustrating really, I could easily unload another 150-200 gallons per month. It helps if you can get your hands on nearly new drums for free to replace their old ones. I get free drums from work when I need them and give them out on a regular basis.

maxtrax

Reaction score
I just found the site... through another channel. I'm driving cheap on my WMO!

Rodslinger

Reaction score
still running 50/50 WMO and D2.

Attachments

• most  pic 941.jpg
    most pic 941.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 58

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Awesome! How many of those miles are on WMO blends?

Probably about 200k. We bought that truck just to do out of town service. It had 270k. Figured what could it hurt. It's funny we have an old e150 van with a 351w that has 460k but with the digital dash it keeps rolling back to 300k kinda feel cheated.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Ran my first batch of W85 last night in my Excursion. It has a light blue haze at idle and seems to have a bit more power than strait D2. Never ran WMO in it before but, the motor sure runs WAYYYY smother on it. Also seems to pull abit more EGTs (50-75*) but, that could be because it's starting to warm up out here and just looking for something. It looks like I might have two trucks burning this stuff now. So my question is, if I add more RUG to the mix will it help with the haze?

whitejohn

Reaction score
from what ive found your gonna just have a haze all the time and honestly im fine with that but if your not go to 20% rug max then switch over to D2

rsr911

Reaction score
from what ive found your gonna just have a haze all the time and honestly im fine with that but if your not go to 20% rug max then switch over to D2

To clarify John's statement don't go more than 20% RUG, if you still have some haze at 20% then thin some more but use D2 instead.

My truck has very, very light haze at idle. This is due to greater than normal blow by, not the fuel. I get the same with W85 and D2 but if I disconnect my CDR valve tube from the engine the "smoke" stops coming out the tailpipe and comes out of the engine breather instead. Of course mine's and IDI so it's never gonna burn as clean as a PSD. Light haze at idle usually means the fuel is still a little thick, OK to run that way if you don't mind it. What type of oil is your feedstock? i.e. is it diesel truck oil (thicker) or did you get it from a service station (unknown but mostly automotive)?

Keep us posted on that Excursion, I'd love to sell the wife's Expedition and get her into a W85 burning diesel Excursion.

whitejohn

Reaction score
thank you chris for the clarification

yes at 15% my psd smokes at an idle but when i drive it mostly clears up but my truck has a tuner on it so it always smoked when i got in it even on D2. and since i pay 52 cents a gal i seem to always be in it

ToyTonka

Reaction score
Here I am. Sorry to be late guys. No, the truck did not break down on WMO, but the traffic was horrendous! :)

Still running great! I'm getting that haze at idle, and even during driving. Before on D2, I got no smoke.

rsr911, whitejohn, madtrax, good to see some familiar faces so far.

sgleshot

Reaction score
i was just curious, are you guys seeing any difference in mileage with the WMO fuel?

whitejohn

Reaction score
my truck gets the same mileage it did running D2, some guys are reporting better mileage with the W85 though. but normally in town im actually getting worst mileage bc at 50 cents a gal i drive with a heavy foot bc i can afford to now LOL

sgleshot

Reaction score
my truck gets the same mileage it did running D2, some guys are reporting better mileage with the W85 though. but normally in town im actually getting worst mileage bc at 50 cents a gal i drive with a heavy foot bc i can afford to now LOL

perfect!!!:thumbup: