Which Batteries are you running

superstroked

Reaction score
I have had a slow start issue twice in a week so, I am about to pull the trigger or a new set. For those that have had to replace the batteries on their trucks, which did you replace the stockers with and why?

BBottoms

Reaction score
I bought Duracell's from Sam's Club for my 6.4L. They've got 850 CCA, a 3yr free replacement and 8yr pro-rated. Best part is they're $90 a piece, which kills the price of the auto parts stores (typically ~$140 range).

I also have Everstart Maxx's from Walmart in my OBS. They run about $94 and have 850 CCA and 3 yr warranty.

I know a lot of people say don't cheap out on batteries, but honestly I've had less issues with these batteries than previous Optimas and Duralasts (Autozone). For the amount of money I saved I can buy another set a year sooner than the name brands if need be. Most decent batteries are made by the same factories in the US anyway. The Duracells are East Penn batteries and the EverStarts are Johnson Controls. Both are major battery producers.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I have Napa ones that are over 1000cca but my truck sits for weeks at a time and it barely starts sometimes... this winter when I put it away in storage I think I'm go a pull them and put them in my basement

SAK

Reaction score
I have Blue Top Optimas that I pulled out of my 08 in my 2011. Only had one battery go bad in the 4 years that I have had them. When the one battery went out it was within a year so it was replaced for free.

superstroked

Reaction score
I bought Duracell's from Sam's Club for my 6.4L. They've got 850 CCA, a 3yr free replacement and 8yr pro-rated. Best part is they're $90 a piece, which kills the price of the auto parts stores (typically ~$140 range).

I also have Everstart Maxx's from Walmart in my OBS. They run about $94 and have 850 CCA and 3 yr warranty.

I know a lot of people say don't cheap out on batteries, but honestly I've had less issues with these batteries than previous Optimas and Duralasts (Autozone). For the amount of money I saved I can buy another set a year sooner than the name brands if need be. Most decent batteries are made by the same factories in the US anyway. The Duracells are East Penn batteries and the EverStarts are Johnson Controls. Both are major battery producers.

Good info, thanks

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Never mind I just looked it up Napa doesn't even make a battery with that many cca they are the 750 cca ones I believe the yellow and white batteries. Where I store the truck there is no power

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

That is a HUGE battery warranty. I think you meant a 3 year free replacement and a 5 year prorated, which brings it to 8 years of total warranty. That sounds more reasonable.

I have Napa ones that are over 1000cca but my truck sits for weeks at a time and it barely starts sometimes... this winter when I put it away in storage I think I'm go a pull them and put them in my basement

What line of Napa battery has 1000 CCA?! That is amazing considering no other comparable battery has that. I think you meant it has 1000 CA, which is not the same as CCA. Most group size 65 batteries have 800-850 CCA, and 900-1000 CA.

kicker417

Reaction score
on my last truck i had the red top optima for 5years never had any problems with it i ran it out a couple of times playin music for hours but never quit working for me. But then again i did pay 165 each.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Never mind I just looked it up Napa doesn't even make a battery with that many cca they are the 750 cca ones I believe the yellow and white batteries. Where I store the truck there is no power

That is a HUGE battery warranty. I think you meant a 3 year free replacement and a 5 year prorated, which brings it to 8 years of total warranty. That sounds more reasonable.

What line of Napa battery has 1000 CCA?! That is amazing considering no other comparable battery has that. I think you meant it has 1000 CA, which is not the same as CCA. Most group size 65 batteries have 800-850 CCA, and 900-1000 CA.

Treed LOL

BBottoms

Reaction score

Yep, that's what I meant, haha. They're marked on the stickers as "8-year pro-rated" but it really means 8-years total.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I run industrial batteries in mine, but I cannot recall the brand name right now. They're 880 CCA, which is the highest I could find. People may also be getting confused with how companies are putting CA at 32 degrees on them now.

Reaction score
I have the Deka 1050 cca. I paid a total of $155 for 2 and they were brought to my door from the local dealer! Ive had them 2 years not one problem to date, not to sure on warranty tho....:shrug:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I have the Deka 1050 cca. I paid a total of $155 for 2 and they were brought to my door from the local dealer! Ive had them 2 years not one problem to date, not to sure on warranty tho....:shrug:

Howd u manage that?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
I've had good luck with ever starts and deccas , stay far far away from interstate though. Last I knew, the interstate guy in our area wasn't replacing batteries that were under warranty anymore.

Trav-O

Reaction score
Napa Batteries are holding up good in our customers vehicles. I think interstate has dropped some quality.

Latest posts

Members online