white smoke no power

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Oils fine & filter is new.I hate the filter lid its the kind that takes a wrench to remove it &its smooth noway to grip.it.The old.1 had a spot for a 3/8 ratchet & fins to grip it.I.wish u could
Remove the filters & swap lids..sorry ranting

Arisley

Reaction score
You can get an oil filter wrench on the filter lid. Be careful.

Valve cover gaskets are reusable, unless the electrical connectors are toast.

Have you checked the turbo for play yet?

dmd

Reaction score
Usually the fuel filter lid has a bunch of recessed areas like a waffle. Put the
handles of a pair of pliers in them 180-deg apart across the center. Then use
a screw driver in the pliers teeth to turn it loose

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
So its @ rhe shop so far 1 3&7 injectors are bad,the glowplug harness& they said they had to pull the valve covers to check oil flow if it wasnt right they would do a compression test.Said 3 hours or more nust to diagnose said if they do a compression test itd be even more seems like a long time to look@it

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
So heres wherebwe stand there saying two bad glow plugs so.I figure Ill replace all 8.Glow plug harness is bad as well as both uvchs & 3 injectors. There's noway Im.forking out the cash to fix that so.Im gonna order the 3 i.jectors & everything else & do it myself.Would like to replace all 8 but my funds arent there.Im.not sure what injectors I need.Hopefully next month after shes running I can start on piecing together all my upgrades.Im glad I know what it is.I was hoping it would be just one thing not 8 but hey could be worse.Ill post back while Im working on it.The shop sounded pisses when they said do you want us to fix it&I said no I just needed to know what was wrong Ill fix it

Arisley

Reaction score
There are some vendors that have a glow plug kit. All the glow plugs and a relay.
I know Paul at Complete Performance had a good deal on those.

And yes, before you spend any more money on it, do a compression test.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Hell the tow was over 40 miles 1 way&its on its way back.I been stuck in the woods for the most part of 4 months siince motor went out on my car&trans out on truck the next day.I went&bought this&this happened.I know nobody here reallt already had 2 walk over 30 miles day my car died so the comp test will have to wait.I cant find all of the pieces I need online.Hopefully after I replace all of this itll be fjne if not then if I have 2 worry about heads I will seeings the truck would need all of this anyway.The.sbop.I had it took to was a diesel.shop I asked them if we should do a comp test they said they see no reason why hopefully there right.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok so the truck just got dropped off&the tow guy says he has a fleet of these&he bets its not the injectors but the harness since the 13&7 that are on the same side &they talked 2 the shop & that side is the 1 that has the.really bad harness & the other side they said showed no signs of wear but suggested I swap em out while i do the other so should I go ahead&replace it b4 I do the injectors?

mandkole

Reaction score
Yes do the simple stuff first.. Never hurts to do harnesses , then leave the VCs off and watch the injectors and valve train after you start it. Often bad glowplugs can hurt harnesses so check them with ohm meter while the covers are off also.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Injectors on # 1,3&7 are all bad the wiring harness going through valve cover was almost unhooked&when tryd to reconnect it was so brittle it broke.
So thats what there saying...so Like I.said earlier hoping its just that but in another thread a fella with same.issue was told that no cel means its 100%the injector not electrical is that true?Also Im.about to order the uvch does 1 fit both sides?or is there 1 thats right side only,left side only?Thanks

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Ok.so I got to thinking right before I took my truck in all 8 injectors passed the buzz test.When it went in it failed.So mayne it could be the uvch shortening out.Also since theres no signs of blowby thats a good sign that comp.is.ok?Also is 1,3&7faiiling on buzz test that couldnt be a sign of low comp too could it?Just wondering since Ive been told I should do a comp test.I would if I had a way to get out to piece out the parts for the comp gauge.

Latest posts

Members online