Who daily drives 300/200s

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
Oh so you do everything in a race file? You never need to tow anything?

Who is stupid here again?

campbellflage

Reaction score
If you have to pull it back, then what is the fefn point?

I gots some big old injectors that I can't usel!

Stupid is as stupid does.......

So I should keep buying injectors and turbos and tunes in stages until I get where I want or just buy what I thought was a good deal on a good sized injector and dial it back until I can use them to their potential

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Depends on what your end goals are. You wanna tow with it or be a dedicated puller?

campbellflage

Reaction score
Depends on what your end goals are. You wanna tow with it or be a dedicated puller?

Just building a run daily, I know the injectors are way bigger than I need, but got them used and they have already been gone through by swamps, so I don’t see a point in selling to get a different set now, would lose money for sure

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Put everything together, get a DD tune or economy tune and see how she does. That’s the best you can do.

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
My point is simple whether you have 150cc injectors...300cc injectors....or 3000cc injectors. The ***kin thread title says "daily". Now I might not be the brainiac that uncool pretends to be but you arent balls outing a set of 3/2 injectors and a turbo that utilizes every drop of fuel that they can muster. Nor are you in a truck with a set of 150cc injectors... you will approach this nifty little thing called a speedlimit and have to pull out of it. But hey follow his advice and throw a huge charger on it and when you need to cruise at 60mph and the charger falls off you have a hot smoky ***kin turd that youll hope catches on fire. And then you can keep shutting off overdrive to get back on boost and then repeat the cycle. Over an over and over....

When you put together a truck that produces 700 rwhp the fact you want to daily drive it creates a constraint that you have to live with. The air demand for cruising is in a totally different realm than the one required to clean up that much fuel.

With tons of fuel and needing to cruise you are caught between a small charger needed for putting around and a huge one to clean that fuel. Compounds would be best but something quick and sorta large volumetrically speaking is needed. Like a gt42r....

campbellflage

Reaction score
My point is simple whether you have 150cc injectors...300cc injectors....or 3000cc injectors. The ***kin thread title says "daily". Now I might not be the brainiac that uncool pretends to be but you arent balls outing a set of 3/2 injectors and a turbo that utilizes every drop of fuel that they can muster. Nor are you in a truck with a set of 150cc injectors... you will approach this nifty little thing called a speedlimit and have to pull out of it. But hey follow his advice and throw a huge charger on it and when you need to cruise at 60mph and the charger falls off you have a hot smoky ***kin turd that youll hope catches on fire. And then you can keep shutting off overdrive to get back on boost and then repeat the cycle. Over an over and over....

When you put together a truck that produces 700 rwhp the fact you want to daily drive it creates a constraint that you have to live with. The air demand for cruising is in a totally different realm than the one required to clean up that much fuel.

With tons of fuel and needing to cruise you are caught between a small charger needed for putting around and a huge one to clean that fuel. Compounds would be best but something quick and sorta large volumetrically speaking is needed. Like a gt42r....

I never said I was going to follow his advice, I was trying to figure out why I’m the stupid one when there are a bunch of people that run big injectors to set them self up for the future, will I ever need this much due for the street no, but that’s kinda he point of different tunes

David N

Reaction score
I won't lie, I put probably 30K miles on 250/200's and it never came off the hottest tune. I did run 350/200's for probably 10k miles. Same thing. I never took it off the hottest. And maybe its just ******** tuning, but it drove the best and got the best fuel mileage in the hottest tune.

campbellflage

Reaction score
I won't lie, I put probably 30K miles on 250/200's and it never came off the hottest tune. I did run 350/200's for probably 10k miles. Same thing. I never took it off the hottest. And maybe its just ******** tuning, but it drove the best and got the best fuel mileage in the hottest tune.

With a 38r?

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I drove my truck in the hottest tune all the time with 400/400 and 75mm. I was just like David it drove the best and got the best mileage when I drove it with some sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Mine didn’t smoke bad at all. Maybe a slight haze getting up to speed but plenty of smoke when I laid into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I like your style...

Yeah that is common sense stuff. Lol

If you have to pull it back, then what is the fefn point?

I gots some big old injectors that I can't usel!

Stupid is as stupid does.......

I get what you are saying and agree but one day he will want to go bigger so why not if he gets a good deal on a set?

Yep, compounds would be badass with his setup.

I never said I was going to follow his advice, I was trying to figure out why I’m the stupid one when there are a bunch of people that run big injectors to set them self up for the future, will I ever need this much due for the street no, but that’s kinda he point of different tunes
Thats just ty. Wasnt directed at you.

With a 38r?

It really is a dam good turbo that will take some abuse.

live life full throttle

campbellflage

Reaction score
Yeah that is common sense stuff. Lol

I get what you are saying and agree but one day he will want to go bigger so why not if he gets a good deal on a set?

Yep, compounds would be badass with his setup.

Thats just ty. Wasnt directed at you.

It really is a dam good turbo that will take some abuse.

live life full throttle

I already have the injectors, just waiting to put them in, looking for a deal on a turbo and I still need to build the trans

TitoBandito78

Reaction score

I didnt say you were...it was a clarifier preemptively...i was expecting some 14 year old girl eyeroll bitchery from somebody...

I dont think you are stupid. Ill tell you why you arent even if you are.

If i buy injectors from swamps, ffd, and pis a single tune isnt going to run the truck "right" in all three cases. Run? Yes. The same? Nope. Not a chance.

Ive picked up 100hp from one set of 250/200s to another...if you dont think a tune written for an underfueling set of junk will cause smoke in another set that is dumping the fuel that is supposed to be there Ive got oceanfront property in AZ for you. So right there you have an unknown variable. The scary part is the majority of people are running the brand that dont measure or flow correctly. So a 300-350/200 might be comparable to a properly working set of 250/200s. Right there you have mysterious "why is my effin truck smoking in an economy tune" issues. Anyway...

My point is fuel is pulled back all the time in various instances. If you have some hard fueling setup on the street its not like having fuel pulled back is crazy or a waste of time. My stupid cookie cutter setup in a ***kin daily/economy tune will slingshot a ccsb on 35s from 35-40mph getting on a ramp to 100mph when merging....borderline dangerous in congested areas. I guess i should be doing that in a race file so i can hit 125 instead lol and black out the entire vision field to my right :lol:

Just tune it to run good and who gives a **** if youre maxing out the injectors.

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
My 38r has 120k on it now...its till good to go...20k with ac's and 100k with 200% nozzled jibbity-flibbers

campbellflage

Reaction score
I didnt say you were...it was a clarifier preemptively...i was expecting some 14 year old girl eyeroll bitchery from somebody...

I dont think you are stupid. Ill tell you why you arent even if you are.

If i buy injectors from swamps, ffd, and pis a single tune isnt going to run the truck "right" in all three cases. Run? Yes. The same? Nope. Not a chance.

Ive picked up 100hp from one set of 250/200s to another...if you dont think a tune written for an underfueling set of junk will cause smoke in another set that is dumping the fuel that is supposed to be there Ive got oceanfront property in AZ for you. So right there you have an unknown variable. The scary part is the majority of people are running the brand that dont measure or flow correctly. So a 300-350/200 might be comparable to a properly working set of 250/200s. Right there you have mysterious "why is my effin truck smoking in an economy tune" issues. Anyway...

My point is fuel is pulled back all the time in various instances. If you have some hard fueling setup on the street its not like having fuel pulled back is crazy or a waste of time. My stupid cookie cutter setup in a ***kin daily/economy tune will slingshot a ccsb on 35s from 35-40mph getting on a ramp to 100mph when merging....borderline dangerous in congested areas. I guess i should be doing that in a race file so i can hit 125 instead lol and black out the entire vision field to my right :lol:

Just tune it to run good and who gives a **** if youre maxing out the injectors.

My thoughts exactly, they are swamps injectors all gone through and sent to me from swamps, so I’m gonna run em. So what if the tune only calls for 450hp for a while, would I get better atomization of fuel with a smaller set yeah, but where’s the fun in that

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, they are swamps injectors all gone through and sent to me from swamps, so I’m gonna run em. So what if the tune only calls for 450hp for a while, would I get better atomization of fuel with a smaller set yeah, but where’s the fun in that

Thats kinda bs internet lore anyway...i never had atomization issues anywhere with my pis 250/200s. The fullforce set smoked like a nervous whore in church everywhere so take those ideas with a grain of salt. I literally had zero issues with smoke in my setup except in the race files and I was running a 38r. The smaller chargers do "leave some on the table" in the upper range but how gotdam fast you gonna go on a street driven truck? Like i was tryung to illustrate in one of my cleaner tunes the truck would gain 60mph in the distance of an on ramp... thats ***kin ridiculous