Who has actually blown headgaskets in gear heads race tune?

RSK

Reaction score
Just like the title says who has actually blown headgaskets in gear heads race tune, i have hot street now, and i can't help but think fuel economy on the highway and around town would go up if bought the race tune. I'll hold it wide open for 4-5 seconds not much longer. I plan to pull the heads and replace the head gaskets blown or not when the studs are going in.

MINK

Reaction score
might of blown mine again studded....but I hold mine much longer than 4-5 seconds LOL

RSK

Reaction score
might of blown mine again studded....but I hold mine much longer than 4-5 seconds LOL

Lol i can't hold it wide open much longer, G forces get too intense have to lift and slow down. Lol. No but really i don't open it up except on the highway so i'm already going 55-80mph so 4-5 seconds from there and i doing over 100 so no need to much faster. Might have done 130 a few times but didn't take much to get there.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Lol i can't hold it wide open much longer, G forces get too intense have to lift and slow down. Lol. No but really i don't open it up except on the highway so i'm already going 55-80mph so 4-5 seconds from there and i doing over 100 so no need to much faster. Might have done 130 a few times but didn't take much to get there.

I started tear dropping which in turn lead to puking mostly during that type of situation.

RSK

Reaction score
I started tear dropping which in turn lead to puking mostly during that type of situation.

yah sounds like i should probably wait until its studded and i do my ported intake manifold, and 75 or 76mm atmo turbo, and built valvetrain to run the race tune.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I ran it for quite a while before I did studs. Set your defuels and watch how you drive it. Some last, some don't. Early 08 job 1s really don't.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Hit the main menue key, top left. Then select "set defuels". Set your pyrometer 1 at 1450 degrees. Set boost pressure at, ooh, say 40 psi. Cold coolant temp at 180 degrees. Hot coolant at like 220 degrees. There's a start.. Obviously you can run more boost, hotter EGTs and so on so forth but it won't live as long..

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Hit the main menue key, top left. Then select "set defuels". Set your pyrometer 1 at 1450 degrees. Set boost pressure at, ooh, say 40 psi. Cold coolant temp at 180 degrees. Hot coolant at like 220 degrees. There's a start.. Obviously you can run more boost, hotter EGTs and so on so forth but it won't live as long..

That's exactly where I have my defuels set. No studs till warrenty is up so hopefully it lives.

2good2Btru

Reaction score
My gaskets were good with no puking at all. Thats with my truck being tuned since 2k miles and running spartans 310, idp race tunes and gearhead race tunes with at least 30 passes at the track and daily driven on only race tunes

Mts678

Reaction score
I think it's hit or miss honestly. My job 1, I ran it on the hd300 tune daily till I sold it at 150k miles. Never had any issues, I did have the weekly light to light wot runs and hammering it on the on ramps to the highways. She was good to me, factory head bolts, no mods besides cai exhaust egr and dpf deletes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
i am NOT jinxing myself by posting in this thread LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.