Who has actually blown headgaskets in gear heads race tune?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Those numbers are wrong, most trucks I heard of are at 12.9-13.4 depending on chassis configuration, but for custom tunes there was a thread where they compared Gearhead and IDP head to head and gear head made more on the dyno but was slower at the track

I think mine went faster at the track if it is the test im thinking of. Every truck is different though.

RSK

Reaction score
Ill be at the track bright and early in the spring time do a little testing. Most likely 3 linked, with traction bars. Already on nitto 420's, not sure if the 22's will slow me down much.

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I can tell you mine was night and day difference between the canned H&S tunes and Matts/Gearhead tunes. Just remember canned tuning is suited to fit the most broad number of users, the various tuning companies could go more aggressive but for the average user that wouldn't be appealing to them. Thats where companies like Gearhead step in and can tailor the tune to fit your specific application and mods. I couldn't be happier with Matts tuning.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I think mine went faster at the track if it is the test im thinking of. Every truck is different though.

Yeah I know that. I just can't find the thread right now. But the times weren't that far off. If you had a hard fueling tune like IDP I bet yours would be quicker, but that's why everyone loves your tunes is because it's smoke free which usually trumps other tunes

RSK

Reaction score
Then go home with coolant all over that new 22 lol.

nah i'll stud it before i go the track, and probably do a bigger atmospheric turbo, ported intake manifold, valve springs, push rods and a little more even. so it should flat out run hard, and not push head gaskets out.

Csilva187

Reaction score
yes sir, and that means time to do some real work, and real money, ups or fed ex will be dropping packages off on a weekly or bi weekly basis lol.

Yup, I've been bugging bad on goodies. I'm always putting fun stuff on other rigs now I've got a few monies saved up from doing so I actually got a few things for mine. Yea I'm jacked although it was all cool few years ago to most lol. No biggie I'm in Montana, 18" wheels and "hid" lights are still legit! Sorry for derail guys.

RSK

Reaction score
Idp is the way to go no head gasket issues here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some trucks never blow head gaskets, some due. I went with gear head tuning because they have the best trans tuning around, the tunes have little to no smoke, unless you want smoke. I wanted to be able to nail it and not let out a huge ugly cloud of black smoke. that kind of stuff is literally ruining the sport for everyone, not with fords, but all brands and tunes that smoke like crazy.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Idp is the way to go no head gasket issues here

QH6YNci.gif

Stroked777

Reaction score
some trucks never blow head gaskets, some due. I went with gear head tuning because they have the best trans tuning around, the tunes have little to no smoke, unless you want smoke. I wanted to be able to nail it and not let out a huge ugly cloud of black smoke. that kind of stuff is literally ruining the sport for everyone, not with fords, but all brands and tunes that smoke like crazy.

It's always more impressive to see a fast clean running truck, them a plus side is you have all the coal roiling dodge monkeys that say your trucks not fast if it don't smoke and they happily accept to a race, and you leave them looking stupid when they are 4 lengths back and no smoke coming from your truck

bryan.fay1

Reaction score
The extreme street tune is what I drive daily and it's little to no smoke at all the race tunes alittle sooty I'll give you that. Maybe I'll have to try some gearhead tunes just been so happy with idp it's hard to switch

sootie

Reaction score
The extreme street tune is what I drive daily and it's little to no smoke at all the race tunes alittle sooty I'll give you that. Maybe I'll have to try some gearhead tunes just been so happy with idp it's hard to switch

there is no smoke with Gearheads race tune...that being said-i have a few air upgrades.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
My gearhead race can be a little dirty WOT, not that I'm complaining. Its not as dirty as the IDP race @ WOT. I enjoy running tunes from both companies

johnp115

Reaction score
there is no smoke with Gearheads race tune...that being said-i have a few air upgrades.

Same here

My truck on matts race tune Dynoed at rudys 579/1089 with basic air upgrades and low pressure batmo, and alot of people were telling me that dyno is typically alittle low. But just a little puff of smoke then it was all gone, all the cummins guys were confused LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online