Who is running a Turbonetics T4 Mount Kit?

Reaction score
I'd like to hear any experience with it good or bad. At first glance it looks like the nicest kit if cost is not a consideration. This will be going on an OBS. There are several good kits out there, not bashing or commenting on them at all, just want to hear about TN for now. Thanks!

Reaction score
i have the kit but have not run it just yet..I got mine from Nate @ unlimited diesel.. it was around $1500 shiped..its a very complete kit and comes with every thing you see in the picture bellow.. i have had it on the motor while motor was on the stand.. turbo and up pipes fit perfect other then that i cant tell you much.. V-ref is a member on here..he has the mount kit on his obs..maybe send him a PM..
here is a link to a thread i started about it..pictures are no longer there
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14411

Attachments

• T-4.jpg
    T-4.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
I have installed a few of the kits. I cannot confirm nor deny that I had a hand in the design of the kit. The kind words make me happy!
One truck I removed the 38r and put a Turbonetics 66mm on with that kit and dropped 450* on the pyro!

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
It will fit a super T series Turbonetics. Wich has a fairly large compressor housing. It is still smaller (dimensionally ) than an s400 I think. But not by much.

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
I am running a S400 and billet 3" manifolds on my truck. Its tight but mine fit fine. My buddys truck we had to run low profile manifolds because his would not fit, but they are both S400's and both OBS's. Mine is a turbonetics up pipe kit and his is a different brand.

Reaction score
im still waiting on Beans billet plenums to show up..as soon as it does ill be testing it with my 467.. ill let ya know how it turns out...V-ref said it did not work well for him..i think he has the OBS truck..i have lots af room with the stockers..unless Beans are a lot bigger then stock..i dont see whay it wouldnt work on my motor..

Last edited:

average

Reaction score
I have installed a few of the kits. I cannot confirm nor deny that I had a hand in the design of the kit. The kind words make me happy!
One truck I removed the 38r and put a Turbonetics 66mm on with that kit and dropped 450* on the pyro!

WOW! If I have to have the engine out for some reason I'll prob go that route.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i had a hand in it too !! LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score

If I did that id have -150 deg egts at idle and 400-450cruising on the highway. Is this what you were seeing? Cuz thats what 450deg would mean to me on both ends. :shrug:

dbunyip

Reaction score
I have it with the 72mm turbo and it love it. On my truck the downpipe hit the firewall but a few whacks with a hammer and it fit. I plan on loosening the motor mounts and trying to shift the engine forward as much as it will go when I do the clutch. Using the turbonetics turbo is not for people looking for a quiet turbo

V-Ref

Reaction score
i-bChXFPq-L.jpg

Mine went in on a SD....like a factory part. I've told folks that this kit is probably the most complete, professional, and comprehensive hipo aftermarket "kit" I've seen for any vehicle....kudos to whoever nugged out the design.

I like Jake/Irate Diesel's oil return better though...that's about the only way I can think to make the TN kit better. Use a Irate valley oil return. :pint:

Latest posts

Members online