Who's gonna be the first

strokedoutlaw

Reaction score
im not going to bitch about anything on these but there is a boat load of welds on these things and being as its all stainless tig welded!! and the size of the flange is where the price gets jacked up. i dont think they are worth it though even though very nice piece of work i agree with those and the log style is better

windrunner408

Reaction score
I think I would get a set if they were $1000 AND ceramic coated but no way for the price they are currently at. I have to admit that I like the classic header look but I would much rather spend the money on a set of steed speeds for sure. Even if some fabrication is involved.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
1499 LOL you've got to be kidding me!!

Try 1999.00, I called to see about them and the web price is messed up. They said retail is 1999.00.

We saw those a while back, I wonder if they've even sold a set yet.

I don't think so, no one there even knew anything about them when I asked. I was like its on the website, gave them the PN # and they didn't even have it in their system.

i may be able to test a set. i have been talking to the owner about a sponsorship.

I'd like to see some one run them, let me know if they get you a set.

kdogg85

Reaction score
I had a set of outlaw's on my 6.0. There was a definite improvement in spoolup and throttle response. And they were a quality piece as well. THey are a tri-y design which is better for low end. They sounded about like a header should, more of a crack to the exhaust than the manifolds would give. Mine never cracked either, but I didn't use mine for competition where high heat is the norm.

Now, $2000 is a tee total ripoff. Yes there is fab work to get a set right, but good night that is robbery.

The average joe is going to see better results from a ported intake, but headers do give a noticable improvement. Diesels have to breathe just like the gassers do. I do feel they are a better value just on the fab side of things.

kdogg85

Reaction score
When the 6.0 threw #7 rod out the block. I had a guy buy the engine and tranny together. Got rid of everything in one felt swoop. The only thing I have from the 6.0 is the s364, it's mated to an s485 now.

I will say they are a true turbo header(heavy tubing, thick flanges, and very deep fat welds.) I keep hearing about cracking and such and wonder if that's from people trying to use 16 guage or smaller tubing and thinner flanges. The ones I had never cracked or anything but did get the multicolor finish after a while.

kdogg85

Reaction score
They do bolt right up to the stock up-pipes. You still have to take everything loose(just like swapping a turbocharger.) If anyone has any real interest, take the cab off. It took me and my wife around 8hrs nonstop to put them on. Cab off would have been around 2hrs for us. I am sure there are manufacturing difference because the collectors were aimed just a tad more towards the front of the truck than the stock manifolds. Not enough to cause any trouble, just pointing that out.

I never did get to do a before and after test as these were put on a couple days before it got live tuned. All I could tell was the lowend response went up(75% or so of the gogo intake per the butt dyno.) Wot egt's went down around 140* roughly. Cruising was still the same(around 650-750.) Seems that's where the pmax ran no matter what. Also I lost about 2psi of boost at wot, but the truck felt stronger(I guess more volume than pressure doing the work.)

To be honest, I don't regret them one bit, but for the average joe who will never get past the tuner/intake/exhaust stage, they are not needed. I feel the same about the gogo intake. That's a couple thousand dollars and a lot of work for at best 70hp and a couple hundred lower egt's at wot.

Latest posts

Members online