Who's ran Nitto Mud Grapplers?

Cat_rebel

Reaction score

BMac

Reaction score
As everyone said, they are retarded loud, I rode with my buddy from Louisville to BG a few years back in the big red dually, and you could barely hear yourself think. It sounds like a Jet Engine spooled up

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
i loved them. i am going to buy 35x14.50s on 16s for my truck. but i love a good loud tire. im shure with some smart siping you can give them some lateral stability. as far as not gripping pavement goes, my cousin runs them on his 700hp duramax and they bite much better than i expected.

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
It's all about not spinning them a lot on pavement and keeping them rotated and proper air pressure. You can get 30k out of them easy.

I don't hot rod around so that won't be an issue. I need to go get them rotated and continue checking the pressure. The only bad thing is now I need to spend $650 to get my ball joints changed out before it wears down the insides.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I use to run them on my truck. Not really loud but rough riding. Switched back to Toyo's.
Funny you should mention Toyos. I was just thinking about this thread last night and how I fogot to mention how nicely the Grapplers drive. That reminded me of one of the reasons I didn't like the Toyos. They just don't seem to track very well. You get a vauge wandering feeling in the steering with them.

The Nittos aren't like this at all. Yes they have sort of washboard feel under about 10 mph (so do the Toyos, just much less pronounced), but that's to be expected with lugs that big. Mine balanced very easily and are truly the nicest riding and handling tire bigger than 35" I've owned.

Sorry platinum, I'm not trying to disagree with you. Just sharing my experience and observations.;)

K_Hood

Reaction score
I had a set of 35x12.50-17's on my 07 Cummins on the stock wheels.

Overall, they weren't a bad tire. They had a good amount of noise to them, but nothing like a set of Thornbirds or Boggers. Ride wasn't really that bad at all. Especially considering they were on a straight axle 3/4 ton with just a spacer for a leveling kit. Mileage did drop for me, it seemed like I was filling up twice as much as I was before I got them.

Went to an event in Texas and did a sled pull. It was my first time doing one so I was taking advice from all the guys who did it more often, they told me to air down a little bit. So I aired them down, well when I got done I forgot to air them back up. Ended up chunking up the lugs in the gravel roads I was driving on :doh: so I got rid of them.

If I was building a truck to look good and get attention I would get them again, but for overall everyday use I wouldnt.

chappy

Reaction score
I have to agree they seem to ride and handle very well. I was very surprised when I drove my buddys 04 f250 with a set of 35 grapplers on it. I figured they would be squirmey feeling on a heavy truck but nope.

Wright337

Reaction score
I ran a set of them on mine 37x13.50x17 and kept them rotated and balanced and I got around 35 k and they wore pretty even

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
I have almost 7k on them so far and they seem to be wearing very evenly and drive pretty well on the road. I have only had one chance to really drive in the rain but they seemed to do fine.

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
I love mine.They have never let me down off road.They work at all speeds.You can crawl out or put the hammer down and they will dig or pull you out.Like every one else has said they are loud.But if you are nice to them and rotate them they should get 25k .

littleredstroker

Reaction score
idk bout you guys but i have cooper snow terrain tires, i have 30k on them and just under half tread, keep em rotated and run about 45-50 psi all around unless pulling heavy trailer. and they are sweet, they dig like a chaingang in the mud and are great on packed ice-snow. they dont howl and hook up nice on pavement.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id rather never have to deal with mud grapplers again. The noise was horrid. Worse than thornbirds(another worthless tire). If I built an offroad only rig Id use boggers.

The chunking feeling under 10mph is present in all tires that are aggressive. My Baja Claws do it too. They are probably my favorite aggressive tire. They lack in sizing though. Next set will be Mickey Thompson Atz's or General At/2's.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I have almost 7k on them so far and they seem to be wearing very evenly and drive pretty well on the road. I have only had one chance to really drive in the rain but they seemed to do fine.

Thats good to hear.I wanted a pair for my last set but didn't have the money. I love my kumhos but I love a good aggressive loud tire.

How do they compare noise wise/wear to Bias Ply Groundhawgs?

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
I have had four sets of them 3 on this current truck and i love them! i get 30 to 35k out of mine rotated often. they have never got me stuck and ive never popped one and i drive ****ty roads daily. And mine hook just fine and ive dynoed 587 hp corrected, they hook alot better than toyos and dig even better. The noise isnt that bad just turn up the radio haha.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats good to hear.I wanted a pair for my last set but didn't have the money. I love my kumhos but I love a good aggressive loud tire.

How do they compare noise wise/wear to Bias Ply Groundhawgs?

WHich kumho's bud? I gotta say, I really wanted to try the road venture 71's..they look like mud terrains. Im glad I wont be able to afford tires soon because I cant decide on the atz, grabber at/2, and the duratrac.

Really wanna run 33's but not sure if they'll be too small on a leveled stock suspension with 20's.:shrug:

Latest posts

Members online