WHY DID I BUY A 6.4

jlayton4

Reaction score
Hey guys. Had her for about a month now. 2009 CCSB lariat. 140k miles. Owner was very anal about his stuff I think I am just catchin the mess on this one. Hopefully I can find a solution on here.

:doh:

Attachments

• IMG_8246.JPG
    IMG_8246.JPG
    651.5 KB · Views: 204

jlayton4

Reaction score
Sorry I didnt realize yall would respond to this. A solution to not having any heat. About 2 weeks after I bought my truck I realized I had a small rad leak. This continued about a week and I noticed that it only happened on real cold mornings and occurred while the truck was warming up. I was assuming it was a hose or gasket since the temperature adjusting was messing with the seals. Well about a week later I started noticing it a little further back as well. I thought the leaks were causing no heat, not sure. Well I wasnt losing enough coolant to even fill it back up, just small little dabs on the concrete. The no heat thing was getting to me, sucks havin to wear my harley gloves in on my drive to work. (call me names if youd like i hate the cold) anyways. I did get an aftermarket warranty transferred over into my name from the fella that previously owned it. So I took my truck into the stealership. They had it for one day and said my rad was leaking (thanks) and that my upper & lower hose were leaking AND I had a bad TSTAT. Wellll the only thing that the warranty would cover would be the Tstat and after diagnosis and all the fees it was goina be about $375 (no bullchyt).

On another note my H&S minimaxx was telling me my coolant levels were alright. ~195-200F. BUT my oil temp would get as high as 249..no bueno. So I told ford to shove it and give me my truck back. I took it to a fella named Zach Pierce. Ford Guru. He laughed when I told him what Ford told me. He said the rad leak wasnt enough for the no heat issue and that my Tstat was not showing any code on his fancy ipad deal. He did say that my oil cooler was most likely clogged and so I had trust in him and left my truck there. Thats where she is now. the feels of her bein gone are hard. He told me the cab would have to come off ( I hope that is true and he wasnt lying ) but he did a test on the degas bottle and I did not have any combustion gas excaping through the coolant (no head issue..cool) but I still need heat. He said he was going to go ahead and do the EGR ****** and fix my two hoses that were leaking and slap on a new oil cooler. Said the rad wasnt a necessity right away...

Ford told me that if I want a new rad, 2 hoses and tstat it would be 2000 + tax. hah. no. not for OEM parts. I didnt realize after having her for a month shed give me this much of an issue. Everything else is in perfect shape. sucks man.

jlayton4

Reaction score
Zach is good chit for sure.

Yeah he is. big goofy fella. good guy. Pretty sick shop hes got. His dam arms are long enough he doesnt need to lift any truck, just reach up in there with them ape arms. only thing is he just takes forever to respond, but I can deal with that as long as he continues quality work.
:clapping:

jlayton4

Reaction score
Zach told me it would be good to go ahead and bullet proof her while the cab is off..lol but i just dont have $4500 floatin around right now. Esp after buying a new house and having to buy a ring here soon. :flush:

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Zach told me it would be good to go ahead and bullet proof her while the cab is off..lol but i just dont have $4500 floatin around right now. Esp after buying a new house and having to buy a ring here soon. :flush:

Stud her while the cabs up. Way cheaper in the long run and then you dont have to worry about that mini max poppin a gasket on you while your on a trip.

Nice looking truck. Looks like its in good hands now and it getting some proper care.

jlayton4

Reaction score
lol true guys, but I just cant fork out $4500 right now on her. I wish I could trust me if my wallet said go it would of been done. Need one of them there money trees.

jlayton4

Reaction score
Stud her while the cabs up. Way cheaper in the long run and then you dont have to worry about that mini max poppin a gasket on you while your on a trip.

Nice looking truck. Looks like its in good hands now and it getting some proper care.

I appreciate it. :postwhore2: She is a looker for sure. I need to get a little stance on the wheels. Nothing stupid just a little more aggressive. I think thatd be key. I would also like to get the fx4 chrome grille for it. just cant justify spending $450+ for an OEM grille.

Good hands for sure though, I drive like a papaw everywhere lol :flipa: the haters

jlayton4

Reaction score
Has he talked to you about studding it one at a time?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
No sir he hasnt. Not sure exactly what that means. Im a new born (bout 1 month into the diesel world). Care to elaborate for me? I am trying to learn as much as possible so further down the road I can do work myself.

Thanks fellas

Brian22

Reaction score
I would also like to get the fx4 chrome grille for it. just cant justify spending $450+ for an OEM grille.

Just wait til you see how much the Platinum grilles go for. You want to talk about some sticker shock... those damn things go for over a grand all day long.

Latest posts

Members online