Why does my 7.3 rattle sound so different using LE oil

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Well of course I don’t need it. Plenty of pieces go over a million miles on rotella

I can make equipment with vegetable oil in the sumps last millions of miles. It’s how it effects ROA and OEE. My customers increase OEE slightly in general depending on duty cycle, but ROA is significantly increased. You will see the majors start implementing programs like mine in the future. I know Valvoline wanted to hire me to jump start theirs. But, you don’t get that service without either stumbling on someone like me, or, being a million gallon a year Customer. At least not currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruce

Reaction score
I can make equipment with vegetable oil in the sumps last millions of miles. It’s how it effects ROA and OEE. My customers increase OEE slightly in general depending on duty cycle, but ROA is significantly increased. You will see the majors start implementing programs like mine in the future. I know Valvoline wanted to hire me to jump start theirs. But, you don’t get that service without either stumbling on someone like me, or, being a million gallon a year Customer. At least not currently.

Wow, now I want to order some oil just so I can hopefully get your autograph

mandkole

Reaction score
Well.. Maybe before the CK oil that Ford says don't use because of excessive wear.

I seriously doubt Ford has much data on the cj > ck impact to make a claim with regard to navistar legacy engines. They no longer care.

I'm curious.. For the minimal money difference of the 8700, I'm taking delo out of the motor for the first time in the last 60k miles (15 yrs). The old girl needs all the help it can get lol.

bruce

Reaction score
Well.. Maybe before the CK oil that Ford says don't use because of excessive wear.

I read up on that and the only ck oil that wasn’t approved was some 10w-30 oil that was supposed to be ok for use in gas and diesel, not every ck oil

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I read up on that and the only ck oil that wasn’t approved was some 10w-30 oil that was supposed to be ok for use in gas and diesel, not every ck oil

The reality is there’s little reason behind the nonsense. There were a lot of 5-40s that didn’t make the list.... then did, magically, with no change to formulation. It’s corporate politics, not anything scientific.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Ford has much data on the cj > ck impact to make a claim with regard to navistar legacy engines. They no longer care.

I'm curious.. For the minimal money difference of the 8700, I'm taking delo out of the motor for the first time in the last 60k miles (15 yrs). The old girl needs all the help it can get lol.
you wont regret it!

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Still waiting for my pail. Could be at the house but I doubt it. Fedex is a complete *** up. Maybe I’ll get one of 3 that jim has sent.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
10-13.98 Including shipping depending on what quantity

Am I reading this right? 14 bucks a gallon? Isn't mobil 1 and most stuff like double that? How much do you have to buy minimum?

And supposedly your stuff is the best you can buy.

dmd

Reaction score
Am I reading this right? 14 bucks a gallon? Isn't mobil 1 and most stuff like double that? How much do you have to buy minimum?

I buy it by the 5-gal bucket. I think he sells in cases of quarts also. Next tub I will
get the dispenser he has, will see if it is easier than putting it in gallon
milk jugs to add to the truck.

jimdawg185

Reaction score

The 8700 is 69.89 Including shipping for a 5 gallon pail, plus tax.

Best is relative. I try to help my customers find the best value. If your truck leaks like crazy or eats oil, or fuel dilutes like mad, then most of the oils I have won’t be the best value. This particular oil is a perfect non extended drain oil. High magnesium, balanced calcium, great antiwear, the same as my high dollar oil actually.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Wtf it's this cheap?

What kinda milege will I get out of it? Currently going 8k on M1 5W40

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Wtf it's this cheap?

What kinda milege will I get out of it? Currently going 8k on M1 5W40

8k would be fine on this oil. It’s testing out to be far better than I expected. It’s a group 3, so it’s the same base oil a lot of companies call synthetic. And it has a much better add pack than m1. It is a non extended drain oil, so it won’t go 30 k in my truck like my 5-40 will. But for normal drain intervals, it’s a great value.
Jake went 560 hours in one of his logging trucks and it looked great.
a13946ade411e6ec0dcc5b527968aa70.jpg

ja_cain

Reaction score
Pretty close to having a 5k UOA on the 8700 to post up and compare to the previous UOA I did on the Delo (cj spec) I was running. The Delo looked excellent on wear metals, but it did shear down some.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
For 5 gal pails, is there a recommended transfer pump that works well? I'd rather not pour material to / from multiple containers.