Why does my 7.3 rattle sound so different using LE oil

greyford1979

Reaction score
I'm coming up on an oil change very soon and am probably gonna be switching over as well. My brother switched over his last oil change. I texted him about cold starts with your 15w40 since it's been in the teens the last couple mornings, but he hasn't texted me back yet lol.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Well he finally texted back lol. He said cold starts are definitely better than other 15w40s but not the same as with the 5w40. He said he's thinking of going with the 5w40 for winter and 15w40 the rest of the year. He said it also used very little oil since his last oil change compared to the other oil he used before switching.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Well he finally texted back lol. He said cold starts are definitely better than other 15w40s but not the same as with the 5w40. He said he's thinking of going with the 5w40 for winter and 15w40 the rest of the year. He said it also used very little oil since his last oil change compared to the other oil he used before switching.

Yeah, there’s definitely a benefit to 5-40 in the cold. Its tough for me to recommend 5-40 unless i can actually hear the truck start cold before the change. I don’t want people paying too much for what they might not need. I feel like if i blanket recommend 5-40, im no better than mist other oil d bags. They do that to make their life easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Oil d bags, lol.. definitely need to draw the line there haha!

Yeah, my cold starts are getting worse as the starter gets another year older. I've got to remember to do that crap when it's nice out.

Jomax

Reaction score
My truck seems to start ok in 75degree weather. It had 15w40 in it. Probably need to go to 5w-40. LOL

C2tuck

Reaction score
You know you can move right? You don’t have to stay up there where it’s freezing...

superpsd

Reaction score
I'm running the LE 15w40 year around. Cold starts below freezing so far have not been an issue.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Well if that’s the case then I was born a pussy. It’s 40 here right now and to me that’s cold!

Latest posts

Members online