Why having a filter for the HPOP is a good idea

TARM

Reaction score
Question... twice in the last two days the truck has died on me... IPR plugged.

Is there any small brass pieces in the HPOP or metal pieces that could cause this?

It could be the motor, but once cleaned and reinstalled it fires right back up...

No screen on this motor, OBS front cover and a SD res...

Not brass but their is bronze piece in the HPOP IIRC. The 17 degree HPOPs use a rear bronze bushing for support and rotation instead of the BB of the earlier pumps. If that bushing is on the way out and is being ground and chewed up maybe that is what you are seeing??

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Maybe... happened again last night on the way home. Put my spare in rather then clean the one that was there.

I'm going to order one from Bob and throw the old one out.

Tom S

Reaction score
Not brass but their is bronze piece in the HPOP IIRC. The 17 degree HPOPs use a rear bronze bushing for support and rotation instead of the BB of the earlier pumps. If that bushing is on the way out and is being ground and chewed up maybe that is what you are seeing??
I see a few parts that might look similar to brass.

100_0558.jpg

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Anybody else got anymore pics of their own crap? LOL

Guess it's something I should to it also. How much is the kit? They were out of stock last I checked.

Talyn

Reaction score
Maybe... happened again last night on the way home. Put my spare in rather then clean the one that was there.

I'm going to order one from Bob and throw the old one out.

are you running stealth Hpop?

Bulla had his first one go up on him, brass/bronze was pushing out of the hpop seal into the motor.

There is a video of it on youtube someplace. I'd have to find it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
are you running stealth Hpop?
Bulla had his first one go up on him, brass/bronze was pushing out of the hpop seal into the motor.

There is a video of it on youtube someplace. I'd have to find it.

Nope, I am running a Modded 17* from Joey.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Nope, I am running a Modded 17* from Joey.

One of the guys on PSO had a modded 17* start poopin brass ish looking pieces, and it left him on the side of the road a few hundred miles later.

He also ignored everyone who told him to swap the pump when it started happening.

Ended up with quite a bit of brass in the pan on the oil change following that event.

fords4life

Reaction score
Not having the screen makes it easy to pumpout the rez though....lol.
I plan on adding the adapter one day just dont mix up the orings else bad things happen.
I saw a post somewhere where sombody got the two mixed up......yup cracked the front cover.

I will confirm that statement from personal experience.:fustrate::fustrate:

Didn't know of the difference at the time and the Ford dealer threw the "updated" gasket at me.....Got everything back together and heard a "pop" when tightening things up that sounded like threads grabbing....Got done and fired the truck and had oil spraying everywhere. I got really lucky and John Wood found a welder for me that was able to weld the front cover up in the truck without pulling the motor and it's been fine ever since. Have a little seepage, but nothing to worry about pulling the motor for.

Talyn

Reaction score
Made me look. They still list it and do not list Stealth. Who knows, weirder things have happened, but I kinda doubt that one.

Thanks for keeping me in check.

As much as I want to know it all, it's simply not possible.

Latest posts

Members online